[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A couple of weeks ago I made a thread where I said I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1478463873046.jpg (134KB, 1000x752px) Image search: [Google]
1478463873046.jpg
134KB, 1000x752px
A couple of weeks ago I made a thread where I said I'll quit drinking and asked for "books for this feel."

That didn't work out. I will enter rehab on Monday.

And I wanna ask again, any books for this feel?
I think it to be extremely helpful reading something I can relate to in such a situation.
>>
Amy Liptrot's The Outrun
I haven't read it myself but it seemed interesting from an interview with her I saw, and it's relevant. Hope rehab works out for you m8
>>
>>9112917
good luck anon
>>
Sorry to hear that OP. Not about rehab but about someone struggling with alcoholism, try Under the Volcano. Forewarning though, it is a depressing book. Best of luck, man.
>>
File: IMG_20160609_163843.jpg (899KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_163843.jpg
899KB, 3264x1836px
>>9112917
A little million pieces is perfect for you
>>
>>9113596
Sorry i went retard mode
A millon little pieces
>>
>>9112917
I'd recommend choosing any long/difficult book that you've always wanted to read but never got around to (Moby Dick, Swann's Way, etc.). It will give you a clearly defined goal, and more importantly, something to pass the time. You have what feels like 5x more time on your hand when you're sober, and many many bad thoughts to deal with.

Good luck, you can get through it.
>>
just stop drinking mate its not that hard lmao
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Fallada
>>
Corny as it sounds, the big book definitely helps.

You can try writing a book while in rehab, that's what I did. There was actually a lot of books and movies that I watched that helped me in rehab, but fuck if I can remember what they were.
>>
If you want a book about alcoholism, try Under the Volcano. Probably the most apt depiction.

Also good for you OP I hope everything works out. Good luck
>>
Infinite Jest
>>
Hey Anon, I don't have any specific recommendations but I wish you the best, you can get through this and seeking professional help was a big step already. It won't be easy but you got this, champ! Keep us updated.
>>
If you're going into rehab willingly, that's a huge step that most addicts will never make.

When I was in, out of like 60 people in there, just me and another guy went in voluntarily.

By the way, I didn't keep up with everyone I met in rehab, but as far as I know, only me and that other guy are still sober.
>>
>>9112917
Truly the plebbiest addiction. Get over your masculinity. Try wearing makeup. It will fix you, I promise.
>>
When I was in rehab I read two Ishiguro novels and David Foster Wallce girl with the curious hair collection. I honestly wouldn't recommend trying too hard to find something that reflects some kind of romantic or poignant idea about your situation. Just pay attention and keep moving.
>>
File: yevgeny.png (432KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
yevgeny.png
432KB, 500x642px
>>9112917
Hey I found a companion piece for your painting

Anyway, read one of those big fuckers, a thousand-pager classic, you'll have the time for it now.
>>
>>9114087
OP here. Fallada is one of my favourites, cool ro see you post him.

>>9113874
I'll try Infinite Jest.

Thanks to everyone else who recommended books and said nice things!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.