[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I still think about parts of Swann's Way about 3-8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: daddy.jpg (3MB, 2818x3532px) Image search: [Google]
daddy.jpg
3MB, 2818x3532px
Why do I still think about parts of Swann's Way about 3-8 times a day even though I read 3 books after I finished it?
>Inb4: you have autism
>>
Why the fuck are you talking about. Fuck off.
>>
>>9112051
You're lucky to have a book you enjoyed that much.

>>9112065
Leave /lit/ anon.
>>
>>9112078
But it makes me really sad
>>
>>9112078
>Leave /lit/ anon.
Kill yourself. I know who fucking Proust is.
This is the most retarded OP I've read today. He doesn't even want to talk about In Search of Lost Time. The fucker didn't even finish it.
>3-8 times
Jesus this board is just filled with morons.
>>
>>9112098
You probably haven't read In Search of Lost Time or Swann's Way because if you did then you'd know OP is most likely referring to Swann In Love
>>
>>9112051
Clearly you have no fucking life.
>>
>>9112051
What are some sentences, did you write any down? Some scenes? Can you tell us or give us some excerpts? why they stand out, what they mean to you, the characters, the liveliness rambunctuous adventure deep cool friend city fun champagne cafe gossip gang happy inspiration just making you psyched?
>>
I myself just finished the second volume and have similar feelings. To me what stands out is the narrators breathtaking way of making the mundane vibrant. I suppose philosophically he tries to stress that the different perspectives sucessively granted to us throughout conducting our daily lives provide new lenses with which to look at life, and only by looking at things through a lens we are unaccustomed to can we find the aesthetic joy we may have first drawn from it on looking at it with fresh eyes.

Also I just found that the narrator has a frankly breathtaking descriptive voice, that expresses wonderment, obsession and longing possibly better than any other author I've read, to an extent where even nature descriptions are near breathtaking.
>>
>>9112707

Overused the word breathtaking there. Did not edit, am drunk
>>
>>9112098
He said he thinks about it 3 to 8 times a day, as in certain passages have stuck with him.

>calling other anons morons
Dude, you can't even read.
>>
>>9112721
Holy shit lol.
Thanks for the help.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.