[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 80 pages in and confused/unengaged. Am I too stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I'm 80 pages in and confused/unengaged. Am I too stupid to enjoy this or does it all eventually become impactful and profound later?
>>
you're too stupid
>>
>>9111317
Dang.
>>
>>9111311

it settles, but you'll probably keep flipping to the family tree in the beginning. the story isnt supposed to proceed in a strictly linear fashion and youll get used to it soon.

it gets good.
>>
>>9111338
I completely forgot there was a family tree graphic at the front of the book. I'm actually stupid. Thank you.
>>
The Autumn of the Patriarch is better
>>
>>9111311
read a better book
>>
Youre to stupid
>>
>>9111748
Your*
>>
>>9111776
>>9111748
Your're

Read a fucking book.
>>
>>9111311
It helps a lot if you skim through some Colombian history, since a lot of the events and characters are symbolic of major ideas and events
>>
>>9111748
>>9111776
>>9111895
*Yore
>>
>>9111311
It's just a meme.
>>
>>9111311
It's fun.
>>
>>9111895
Excellent bait, fuckface.
>>
>>9111311
The first part is basically myth making and establishing the setting and leitmotifs that will follow the Buendía family to their doom. If anything, this is the part you'll enjoy the most especially while you still have Aureliano to follow around. It helps that there's only like 5 main characters right now, and that one of them has literally no personality. Just wait until you hit the halfway mark and there's 20 people crawling around that you don't really care about.
>>
>>9111748
U're* welcome.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.