[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought this YA piece of shit based on /lit/ recommendations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Bought this YA piece of shit based on /lit/ recommendations. Never taking advice from you faggots again. Id never solely buy on /lit/ memes but the amazon reviews were all great too. Must be paid for. I just wanted to branch out a little and read a decently written and fun fantasy title in between my classics and nonfictions. My autism prevents me from stopping a book unfinished now ill probably have to read the whole trilogy and hate every second. Fuck you guys
>>
Ya, you're in the wrong place. The retard general is around here somewhere though.
>>
>>9110466
This whole board is retard general
>>
There's no way you were seriously recommended that fucking book

You were scammed, nigga
>>
>>9110557
Very epic. Very nice.
>>
>>9110565
I was. I almost didnt buy when i read the protag was 13 but i have enjoyed YA before, even with so-so writing. This reads like it was written by an internet troll whos "lol so edgy". Hell, it was probably the author who recommended it to me
>>
>>9110390
just don't read it anon.
>>
>>9110610
But ive already read two chapters
>>
>>9110649
His other series is more entertaining. Jokes and hi jinks
>>
>>9110649
return it, make haste and buy zoo by otsuichi instead lol
>>
>>9110660
Ill never purchase from this author again. If the first entry ends in a cliffhanger ill finish the trilogy at the library
>>
What's wrong with YA books? I don't understand the hate for them. Anyone can explain me?
>>
>>9110674
Quality essentially.
>inb4 no such thing as objective quality
Maybe, but most people here see no subjective quality either
>>
>>9110674
Nothing wrong with YA inherently. However this book in OP is absolute trash
>>
>>9110390

I love fantasy, even the shitty kind, but I hate this book with a burning fury. I barely made it past 100 pages (my minimum for any book I pick up). I have nothing positive to say about it, and if you want YA, there's so much better stuff out there. Fuck that book.
>>
>>9110739
I got through two chapters begore quitting to make a complaint post. Heres some of the lovely prose
>i hate being angry. It makes me angry
>that flail of his
2 sentences later
>laughing with that laugh of his
So horrible
>>
>>9110763
>i hate being angry. It makes me angry
>that flail of his
>laughing with that laugh of his
Just like my machine translated Chinese web novels!
>>
>>9110608
Go to reddit he posts there all the time
>>
>>9110390
I tried getting into this series, but it's the edgiest YA fantasy shit I've read. I can't believe anyone would ever recommend this.
>>
>>9110390
You're a fucking liar, faggot. We never recommended that book to anyone here.
>>
Never thought I'd see the day when 4chan posters are too candy ass to read something that's "edgy". This thread reads like some tripe from a tumblr screencap.
>>
>>9111786
Pretty sure you're the least intelligent person alive.
>>
>>9110674
There's generally nothing interesting about the way they're actually written. The only one that is that comes to mind is A Series of Unfortunate Events.
>>
>>9110390
I read that whole fucking trilogy.

God, that was a fucking waste of time. But, I hate not finishing my readings.
>>
>>9111760
/lit/ did and ill neber forgive you faggots. Maybe it was a troll post but it had really good reviews other places too. Its even in the fantasy general infographic
>>
>>9111786
Kill yourself tbqh senpai
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.