[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking the lesson of this book on board is really th e precondition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: this book.jpg (15KB, 338x499px) Image search: [Google]
this book.jpg
15KB, 338x499px
Taking the lesson of this book on board is really th e precondition of having anything of worth to say in philosophy, anthropology, human sciences, psychology, or even the physical sciences themselves. It really is the atomic bomb of 20th century thought. Every prior philosophy has to be rethought following Lacan.
>>
>>9106656
>French
>psychoanalysis
>continental
>post-structuralist (sort of)

lol that means he a SJW cultural marxist who loves destroying whiteness, tradition, masculinity and the western world

t. redpilled intellectual
>>
>>9106656
I think psychoanalysis in general should be read by intellectuals but never taking them really seriously. They have some good ideas, but anything they do is just taken to the extreme and they sound like lunatics.
>>
>>9106677
The guy was up to date on all the knowledge of the time. The height he reached has been met with so much jealous contempt and ignorance. Just look at Chomsky, he was happy to debate with Foucault, but he'd never take on Lacan, only after his death he's put out some disparaging remarks about him. Precisely because Lacan represents such a challenge to Chomsky's style of cognitivism! Their domains overlap and the tension of Lacan's presence is unbearable to mainstream psychiatry, psychology, etc. just as the Ego Psychologists hated him. Lacan is even dismissed and over-criticised and misrepresented in discourse analysis, Foucauldians, these so called 'radical' intellectuals all try their best to ignore him! The case of Derrida is a good example, who simply accused him of 'phallogocentrism' and decided not to think about him anymore.

Lacan is actually the repressed of every academic discourse right now. One of big books to introduce Lacan to the anglosphere almost wasn't published because the academic publishing house believed the author didn't criticise Lacan enough --- you always must sacrifice the Thing!
>>
Memes aside, what should one read before tackling Lacan? Where does one start with Lacoon?
>>
>>9106746
Aristotle
>>
File: lacan polar bear.jpg (21KB, 236x376px) Image search: [Google]
lacan polar bear.jpg
21KB, 236x376px
>>9106752
He's not wrong.
>>
File: lacan heidegger.jpg (21KB, 236x356px) Image search: [Google]
lacan heidegger.jpg
21KB, 236x356px
They were a cute couple.
>>
>>9106677
I know this is satire but Lacan is basically a misogynist.

His philosophy claims that women can't articulate what they desire, they have no clue about what arouses them.
>>
>>9106746
Read Freud. I made the mistake of trying to read Ecrits without having read Freud, beyond the memes out there in the popular culture, and it was a disaster. I'll try reading Ecrits again once I feel confident enough with Freudian thought.
>>
>>9106960
That's the same for men as well. Muh symbolic, muh phantasm. Can't know nuffin, but you repressed your parents having sex.
>>
>>9106716
They ignored him because there was nothing to talk about. His claims are in the realm of undecidables. I do like some of his formulas (never give way on your desire, your desire is the desire of the other, subject supposed to know, etc.) and consider that he had made worthwhile contributions (such as the inversion of the Saussurian sign), but at some point shit got out of hand with those endless mathemes meant to rationalize everything from gender to psychosis and back. It's like when D&G were making fun of Freud when, in his old age, he rationalized oral sex as being desire for the mother's breast in the form of an udder that the penis stands for.
>>
>>9106716
>One of big books to introduce Lacan to the anglosphere almost wasn't published because the academic publishing house believed the author didn't criticise Lacan enough

Which book?
>>
>>9108176
Part of me wants it to be Le Sniffing Slovenian, but he is probably talking about some Bruce Fink book or something.
>>
Lacan cured my autism
>>
>>9108723
Which is funny because the French state supposedly no longer allows psychoanalysts to work with autists because their methods proved ineffective. 40-something years ago, D&G were joking that psychoanalysis' problems dealing with autists come from psychanalysis being itself autistic. D&G sere calling people they didn't like autists before it was cool.
>>
>>9106763
>yfw the Real invades your subjectivity
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.