[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start with aesthetics? Are there any charts? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: flat,800x800,070,f[1].jpg (153KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f[1].jpg
153KB, 800x800px
Where to start with aesthetics? Are there any charts? I'm interested in such questions as what makes a work of art valuable, why we can say that something is 'good taste' or 'bad taste' etc.
>>
>>9100772

please begin by randomly looking up clips on the Artzie Music channel.
>>
>>9100772
start with plato then go full aristotle
>>
>>9100772
The Greeks? Have you ever even been here before...
>>
The Greeks are faggots, start with the Romans
>>
>>9100772
Poetics by Aristotle and Horace
Laocoon by Lessing
Critique of Judgement - Kant

These are some of the most important works on the topic and they also have the privilege to belong to the western canon. Al though I'm little suspicious that you may be looking for something more plebian, like some beginners guide or something like manuals for dummies (no offense). If that's the case it would be better if you just google search books about art appreciation and critics. The results more likely will be light books wrote by contemporary and mostly unknown authors, but that should be a better start for you and much more close to what actually you looking for.
>>
>>9103034
kant wont make (as much) much sense without baumgarten tho
>>
>>9100772
Benedetto Croce.
>>
File: relational-aesthetics-bourriad.jpg (208KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
relational-aesthetics-bourriad.jpg
208KB, 1200x1600px
>>9100772
>>
start with the rowling
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.