[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the bare minimal books one should read to have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1486680609356.jpg (5KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486680609356.jpg
5KB, 182x249px
What's the bare minimal books one should read to have a basic understanding of politics?

>inb4 my fight from Mr. adolfo
>>
THE GREEKS
>>
>>9100360
Dumb question you brainlet. Strictly speaking you don't need to read any books to understand politics. Reading history will give you a background of knowledge to form your own opinions. Then once you find an idealism you agree with, find books that support/explain that and books that criticize it.
>>
>>9100399
not really, I want to have a basic understanding of ideologies.
>>
Try "the dictators handbook", "the righteous mind", "predisposed" and lastly "our political nature".
Once you finish with that you could look at philosophers and the like.

But you don't have to.
>>
>>9100360
You dont need books, just take the redpill and you'll have all the answers
>>
>>9100360

Try first to get a piture of the whole. This book is a good introduction to politics:

https://www.amazon.com/Politics-History-Political-Thought-Herodotus/dp/0871404656/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487004393&sr=1-1&keywords=on+politics
>>
>>9100451
Unironically this desu
>>
>>9100451
I'm also going to say unironically tbqh
>>
>>9100360
Leviathan
>>
Read Marx, Nietzsche, and Freud.

Then decide for yourself what you think.
>>
File: politics.png (26KB, 927x357px) Image search: [Google]
politics.png
26KB, 927x357px
>>
I can't pick an ideology because I don't truly know what the best approach to the economy is. Fuck.
>>
>>9100517
Barter system > everything else
>>
Fukuyama's origins of political order.

Save yourself the hastle of even reading any other opinion itt, go to your local library, and get this book.
>>
File: 419.jpg (57KB, 955x391px) Image search: [Google]
419.jpg
57KB, 955x391px
>>9100412
Well then you read whatever manifestos that ideology has produced and whatever texts are associated with said ideology.

Books that deal in broad generalities which try to make broad statements regarding political theory quickly become dated, because they are necessarily based on the past, and the future is strange and terrible.

You need to narrow your spectrum of research to something surmountable; try looking into the two main political parties of your home nation.

This should be manageable, well documented and practical in terms of raising your level of actual useful political awareness vis a vis your present situation.
>>
Embrace Trump
>>
I find you learn more about politics by talking to people and involving yourself in it than reading texts.
Spend some time making signs for a campaign, even if you don't support them or intend to vote.
The experience is valuable.

tl;dr: politics makes everyone and everything stupid.
>>
>>9100360
My struggle, you retered.
>>
Just stick to a strict diet of Alex Jones, Milo, rekt feminist videos and maga compilations
>>
Just look up realpolitik and international relations
>>
File: a.jpg (111KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
111KB, 1300x866px
Just read 1984 bro
>mfw
>>
You don't really need it but you might want to read up a bit on history in general I think,
>>
>>9100360
Jubias Bee-bo-bah
>>
File: 187816-004-9330460F.jpg (87KB, 298x450px) Image search: [Google]
187816-004-9330460F.jpg
87KB, 298x450px
the only book you'll ever need
>>
Confessions of an economic hit man was interesting
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.