[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a decent argument against Marx's idea of a "species-being"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: carl-marx[1].jpg (246KB, 937x1024px) Image search: [Google]
carl-marx[1].jpg
246KB, 937x1024px
Is there a decent argument against Marx's idea of a "species-being"? and alienation?

Personally I find the whole idea of a man's "true nature" or "essence" to be nonsense, but I'm looking for an author who can articulate this well. Maybe a conservative author but not necessarily.
>>
>>9099594
>man's true nature
Foucault. Post structuralists in general actually.
>>
>>9099594
>Is there a decent argument against Marx's idea of a "species-being"?
Not making a mess by mixing the young Feuerbach-reading Marx of 1844 with the rest of his opus. Especially when he attacks muh human nature in These VI the year after.

Luis Althusser's book For Marx is the best way to be introduced to the increasingly less humanistic progression of thought of Marx.
>>
>>9099617
This looks perfect. An anti-humanism reading of Marx. Thanks
>>
if you find the idea that man has a nature to be laughable, darwin is your cure, not philosophy.

you're a hairless ape with a big brain, that's all. just like chimps and bonobos have a nature, so do men
>>
>>9099656
Well, yes, Darwin and Althusser are the reasons contemporary marxists* aren't too fond of the idea of a human nature. Foucault and post-structuralists picked up after Althusser who was a sensation in France.

*unless they're some kind of religious "marxists", then if they believe in souls unlike Marx did, chances are that that there's room for human nature as well
>>
>>9099656
Believing that man has any inherent properties which raise him above nature, or that he can transcend his own animal nature is pure ideology
>>
>>9099674
so you're agreeing with me

human nature is chimp nature plus a higher iq

this conflicts with the marxist view that so much of society is social constructed. it may be, but the social is just the consequence of biological, animal impulse, like everything else, and therefore a consequence of the genetic
>>
>>9099729
But what's the point of making that argument? Unless you believe that nature steers us towards a certain kind of society, it's basically just semantics. Most advocates of naturalism use it as a cheap way to make an argument for their own worldview, which is retarded given that nobody can actually agree on what is fundamental human nature. Ultimately that is what "social constructivists" are arguing against, not the idea that nature forms generic, basis impulses, which social constructs are imposed upon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.