[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

in a 'pre-med' program but doing poorly with no current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 711slavojzizek.jpg (452KB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
711slavojzizek.jpg
452KB, 2500x1667px
in a 'pre-med' program but doing poorly with no current chances of getting into medical school and thinking about switching to pure math, something i was passionate about in grade 12 (2 years ago), but too unsure in my abilities to know if i'll do good in that either. confused as to how i went from feeling so safe to so lost.
can /lit/ recommend a novel or other reading for this feel?
>>
File: Spurdo Russia.jpg (9KB, 200x184px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo Russia.jpg
9KB, 200x184px
>>9098761
Solzhenitsyn was a Mathematician and no one can feel safe in a Gulag. Maybe you'd like One day in the life f Ivan Denisovich?
Also read Dostoyevsky.
>>
>>9098783
>Also read Dostoyevsky.
Which should I begin with?
>>
>>9098790
If you're a Stemguy your will connect with the direct and bitter style of Solzhenitsyn. Also it will give you great arguments against communism.
>>
File: Solzhenitsyn.jpg (7KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
Solzhenitsyn.jpg
7KB, 294x171px
>>9098790
But everyone should read Dostoevsky at some point in their life. Notes from Underground is a must. But, for you, Start with Solzhenitsyn.
>>
>>9098761
> and thinking about switching to pure math
For what it's worth, academia is a shitfest, if you consider following that path.
>can /lit/ recommend a novel or other reading for this feel?
Narcissus and Goldmund
Stoner
>>
>>9098761
Math guy here, if u can't manage 3.5+ in "pre-med" you can't do math
>>
>>9098761
fuck off and study

t. med student
>>
>>9098799
>>9098804
How should one go through the works of Solzhenitsyn? Chronologically?
>>
File: ivan denisovich.jpg (46KB, 310x499px) Image search: [Google]
ivan denisovich.jpg
46KB, 310x499px
>>9099009
I (like most people) started with One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. It is not is best but it is a great intro to him and (at only 178 pages) you can finish it in a day or two.
>>
>>9098998
Yeah I dont know why I'm struggling. I think I dont study enough
>>
>>9099001
>t. med student
are you really?
>>
>>9098761
>>9099001
I'm not sure if I want 4channers to be my doctor
>>
>>9098998
>>9099062
also I was severely depressed because i got dumped for the first time after being a weirdo all highschool but idk. there's a multitude of factors when I think about it.
>>
>>9098761
If you're passionate about a subject you have the most potential to grow your abilities in that subject. Natural ability is like maybe 2/10s of what's needed in any pursuit the rest is practice, practice, practice and you won't practice what you don't enjoy.
>>
>>9099080
I'm not sure I trust anyone who doesn't use 4chan to be my doctor. . .
>>
>>9098761
im currently in the same spot
slowly realizing im not getting into any decent school now that i applied to places

it seems my only chance is getting accepted into the one math program i applied to at some shitty school
>>
>>9098998
yes, that's why every math program is actually a premed program with a 3.5gpa cut off
>>
>>9099090
Ok when you apply to grad school or apply to get a job, they literally only care about your accomplishments. Mindset doesn't matter.

There is no reason for you to make excuses even if you have gotten over your "depression," no one cares.
Have you ever heard stories from human pieces of shit who "find god" and you're just silently laughing at them because it sounds so stupid, but for them, it was literally life changing.

That's how the world will see you. You can only do OP. If you want to prove to those faggs who get you a job or accept you to grad school. Do something worthy, something that makes them say, "we need him because he clearly doesn't need us."

also having emotions over girls is for faggots
>>
I'm surprised people still have trouble understanding that you absolutely don't want to take life advice from anonymous users.
>>
File: 7ZuX9Vh.jpg (100KB, 1528x950px) Image search: [Google]
7ZuX9Vh.jpg
100KB, 1528x950px
>>9099165
i took all my advice from anonymous users and look where i am
>>
Just do it. Medicine is overrated anyway. You'll naturally do better in something you like than dislike.

assuming you actually like math and aren't a filthy pseud

>t. math major, former premed
>>
>>9099179
Case and point
>>
>>9099149
you're right, i understand
>>
>>9099194
>assuming you actually like math and aren't a filthy pseud
how can i determine?
>>
>>9099197
ya that was the joke
>>
>>9099080

i'm a doctor. i just never stopped randomly checking 4chan since i was like 14. i'm sure there's plenty of us
>>
>>9099233
>i'm a doctor.
Do you get to touch a lot of vaginas?
>>
>>9099080
probably not, because you're a reddit crossposter
>>
>>9099216
Try doing exercises for a week and see.
>>
>>9098998
Lies
I was a C student in highschool, now Im studying math in college and I have a 3.2
>>
>>9098761
follow your dreams and read borges
>>
>>9100465
Where to start with Borges?
>>
>>9101067
The Greeks
>>
>>9099354
It isn't a pleasant as you think
>>
>>9098761
I can't tell you anything about the novel OP but I can tell you that if you aren't attending an elite college, pure math is a very poor life choice.
>>
>>9102887
my school is highly ranked in canada, although I think the majority of the funding goes to faculty of medicine (my current faculty)
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.