[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the meme trilogy of the 2010's? I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7871.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7871.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What's the meme trilogy of the 2010's? I feel like this is close...
>>
Fuck you phone pic
>>
>>9097197
The Yurope! Duology
Behead All Satans
The Magnificent Third Rail
>>
>>9097197
No reason that Bleeding Edge and Cannonball should be there. Taipei is a must, though.
>>
File: gud buks.png (671KB, 697x501px) Image search: [Google]
gud buks.png
671KB, 697x501px
>>9097197
It's just a duology now.
>>
>>
where's the best place to start with mcelroy? help
>>
>>9097316
Replace Jerusalem with My Twisted World.
>>
>>9097363
anywhere you want retard
>>
canonball. the instructors. parallel stories. the nix
>>
>>9097370
thanks bud
>>
>>9097266
>66
Kek confirms
>>
>>9097363
I started with WnM which I wouldn't recommend against really, you get a microcosm of McElroy's style and narrative fuckery from beginning to end. you don't want to start with Schitzophremia the book though I'd check out Actress in the House or Lookout Cartridge
>>
>>9097197
can someone tell me something about tai pei? Is it normal book or pynchon-like?
>>
>>9097501
It's pure autism. Imagine a vapid millenial's diary about how he pops pills and doesn't really get along with his girlfriend but pretends to for a while until they break up.
>>
>>9097302
go to bed Tao
>>
I'm pissed that Tai Pei doesn't get posted nearly as much as it used to.
>>
>>9097363
Anything but w&m. I mean most here will start with w&m anyway, but ey. Smugglers bible is gr8, and easier to digest.

I'm glad people on here read McElroy. It's pretty much the only place on the internet he gets posted regularly. Is Cannonball good? I feel like it might be a great intro to him, given the length.
>>
>>9097865
all I have read is ancient history and it was amazing. I love reminiscing about the past and how it shaped my life and that was pretty much the main character.
>>
>>9097302
>>9097572
>>9097501
>>9097541
Taipei was really fucking disappointing, and repetitive if you've read his earlier work.

Eee Eee Eee is great, though.
>>
>>9097815
i guess tao finally went to bed
>>
>>9097363
start with his short story collection Night Souls
>>
>>9097501
I'm about 40 or so pages into it. It's an alienated millennial feeling sort of bad about himself.
>>
I feel like early tao lin tried to crib a bunch of authors he read during his mfa course then later ended up settling on the blandest style filled with the most banal ideas. He's a total failure.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 226x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 226x346px
>not including OnThe Edge by Rafael Chirbes

Kill yourself, OP
>>
File: 3tread326TheInstructions.jpg (53KB, 590x440px) Image search: [Google]
3tread326TheInstructions.jpg
53KB, 590x440px
>>9097197
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.