[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically, what would you recommend a little monkey to read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Hypothetically, what would you recommend a little monkey to read?

It's a hypothetical, because obviously monkeys can't read.
>>
curious george
>>
>>9096779
The Bell curve
>>
>>9096781
>>9096782
Thanks.
>>
toyota land cruiser automobile repair manual

here's an amazon link:

https://www.amazon.ca/Toyota-Landcruiser-FJ60-FZJ80-1980-1996/dp/1563923017/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486935342&sr=8-5&keywords=Toyota+manual
>>
>>9096779
A book on how NOT to be a dirty, diseased animal.
>>
>>9096779
That little monkey was found in my city.

I'd give him the Planet of the Apes books. I don't know they exist, but they probably exist.

Let's give him some ideas.
>>
File: 1485398431555.png (286KB, 450x412px) Image search: [Google]
1485398431555.png
286KB, 450x412px
>>9096823
do not bully animal
>>
le petit singe prince?
>>
Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut
It is a short story compilation so the monkey can sit down and read it for just a few minutes yknow
>>
File: very-small-monkey.jpg (36KB, 424x473px) Image search: [Google]
very-small-monkey.jpg
36KB, 424x473px
>>9096779
Good question OP

Firstly, it's important to observe that the majority of literature requires what you could think of as mankind's "fallen" consciousness to enjoy, but a little monkey is a good and noble thing, whose nature is clean and pure. So I imagine no little monkey would glean much from Fyodor Dostoevsky's "Notes from the Underground", since a little monkey cannot harbor the feelings of immense resentment that the Underground Man is trammeled by; similarly a little monkey would be uninterested in such things as most poets describe, melancholia and flights of passion.

Now, in my opinion, the best book for a little monkey is a pleasant, laddish little book, full of tricks and games. For a very gifted little monkey, perhaps the Collected Fictions of Juan Luis Borges might be an entertaining distraction, or possibly The Complete Cosmicomics of Italo Calvino (my preferred recommendation for your little monkey friend). But for an average intelligence little monkey, I recommend the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, sure to give him no end of little monkey giggles, or perhaps, if he's an adventurous little monkey, with a boundless appetite for new things and a deep sense of wanderlust, then Jack Kerouac's On The Road might be a nice choice.

All in all OP to round up:
>avoid novels with negative subject matter, since a little monkey is unlikely to be interested in this sort of thing
>flighty, adventurous novels are great for a little monkey
>light, comic, postmodern fiction is perfect for a little monkey with a 100+ IQ
>>
>>9096779
What do they teach in Black Studies courses?
>>
>>9096779
Obviously the real, actual answer is YA
>>
Probably something he could relate to, like Frankenstein.
>>
Nigger by Dick Gregory.
>>
>>9096781
>>9096782
this combination is hilarious
>>
>>9096779

Any of the fine work over on www.charliechitty.com, you can buy his new short story collection and also read other short works of fiction that he's written.
>>
>>9096779
where 2 cop jacket
>>
>>9096827
The original film was based on a novel.
>>
>>9096894
Good post.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.