[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What typically happens to books the get self-promoted here? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1461605919248s.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1461605919248s.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
What typically happens to books the get self-promoted here? I'm tempted to do it, but I'm not sure that the typical board reaction is.
>>
File: 1-SpBwzDaWW4gS_5_kZWu1bA.jpg (297KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1-SpBwzDaWW4gS_5_kZWu1bA.jpg
297KB, 768x1280px
>>9096581
Check the amazon (.com , not uk or eu) reviews for pic related if you want to find out how they're recieved if anyone even bothers reading them.
>>
well, go ahead
>>
>>9096594
Hmmm, seems like a mixed bag actually
>>
>>9096633
That's because the book is incomprehensible gibberish. If you have any faith in your own work, post it.
>>
File: The gorgon lamp.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
The gorgon lamp.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
>>9096653
>>9096597
I'm gonna go for it. I'm not trying to set the world on fire, but a little traction for it would be cool, if it deserves it. I'm not saying I wrote the great American novel, but it's a quick read and I'm proud of it.

Search The Gorgon Effect on Amazon.
>>
>>9096653
I guess he can officially call himself the Joyce of the 21st century if people actually think this.
>>
>>9096677
>"tasks ranging from running marathon distances too grueling hours in the weight room"

D R O P P E D

(also SEAL should be fullcaps)
>>
>>9096714
If your worried its a fitness bro-fest. The first chapter sets up a twist that subverts that.

>SEAL
Damn it, I had it SEAL for a while and I just wasn't sure and lower cased it. I'll slip in an edit for that.
>>
You get banned for advertising. Buy a banner.
>>
>>9096764
I don't give a twopenny fuck about your plot. It's your spelling that I'm trying to get at. You can't expect people to take your work seriously if you don't have a rudimentary understanding of grammar.

On a positive note, by completing a novel at what I presume is a fairly young age (<18?) you're already ahead of the curve. Read more, heed the grammar, and eventually things will be well.
>>
>>9096769
Ignore this. Banner ads here are worthless.
>>
>>9096863
('spelling' should be grammar but you get the point)
>>
>>9096863

Fair enough. Let I said, I not trying to trick universities a century from now into having a degree centered around my word, it's just pulp scifi I wrote for fun.
>>
>>9096925
>I not trying to trick universities a century from now into having a degree centered around my word, it's just pulp scifi I wrote for fun.
Why you not? It's fun and easy as shit. Just read some Joyce and do what he did in your own way.
>>
>>9097049
Dfw's ghost pls go.
>>
>>9096876
Spelling is part of grammar, so who cares?
>>
>>9096677
May I offer a crit on your description? This part

>Now anyone with the will to see it through can create anything they dare to dream of, unhindered.
>It’s only a matter of time until something terrible appears, something that can't be controlled

is too vague. And this part
>an example of the very type of technology the world isn't ready for
should be removed or worded differently- how do we know the world isn't ready for it? Give an example. And what are these creations that it hunts down? After that you have some incomplete sentences. I think you can get away with one (they are common enough in book descriptions or adverts) but three is pushing it. Pushing what, I don't know- that patience of grammar nazi's may

>Now the lamp is in the hands of a terror cell hellbent on flinging the modern world back into the stone age.

Cool, this sounds interesting. Can we give some indication or hint as to how they would accomplish this, to make the stakes seem higher?

No matter how simple or complicated the technology is in your novel, dumb it down in the description if you want it to be approachable. Unless you are writing all of this for the joy of it and don't care about accessibility. Just a thought.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.