[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to believe that it isn't true; I want to have faith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: TheSatanicBible.jpg (16KB, 360x595px) Image search: [Google]
TheSatanicBible.jpg
16KB, 360x595px
I want to believe that it isn't true; I want to have faith in humanity; I have to believe that we have risen above our carnal nature, but the more I read this the more I feel like I agree with every word in it.
I am starting to see it everywhere; everyone is greedy and selfish; everyone wants to have power; even religious people are selfish and greedy; they want to be on the good side of their god, gods, spirits, energies or whatever it may be that they believe in, so that they can have a good afterlife or good fortune in this life. This is not just limited to Abrahamic religions; even pagan and other "spiritual" paths are essentially about people somehow gaining something out of their practices, no matter how selfless or humble it may appear. The end game is the same. I'm sure that there are exceptions, but this is what I am seeing with people in general.

I wish I had never opened this book. I am losing faith in humanity, and I am realizing that I am no different and I am also become more and more greedy and selfish the more I read. Or rather, I am embracing and accepting my selfishness.

I know that what is written in this book has been said by many authors before Anton Lavey, such as Ayn Rand and many others, but this book feels like a package of all these dark beliefs and philosophies.

I wish I could deny it, but I can't. I am trying to find ways to deny it, but it's true. It's an accurate description of humans.

I hate this book; it's so badly written and it is full of logical inconsistencies, but I can't help but agree with every word till the part about magic. The part about magic is just crazy nonsense, but I can also see the psychological effects and benefits that such rituals can have on the practitioner, even if they have no real affect on reality.

I am an atheist, by the way, so I started reading this book with an unbiased point of view, and now I can't escape it.

Someone help me before I fall off the ledge and become a satanist; I'm only one step from it.
I don't want to accept that humans are like this, but I can't deny it.
>>
>>9095996
How's middle school going so far, champ?
>>
>LaVeyan satanism
literally just hippy self-indulgence combined with flowery poetics about social darwinism. It's atheistic liberal nonsense in an edgy package. At least study theistic satanism
>>
>theistic satanism
It suffers from the same disadvantages that other religions suffer from; it fails to provide any evidence to it's claims.

>It's atheistic liberal nonsense in an edgy package
Anton LaVey states clearly in the book that he believes that a god exists, but he also believes that this god probably doesn't care about humans. This is in the chapter "God wanted: dead or alive".
He also fails to provide any evidence regarding this belief.

When I said that I agree with every word of this book, I meant that I agree with it's general message of how humans are selfish, greedy, vengeful, envious and many other things. I don't believe in the things regarding magic and this "dark force" that he seems to believe in.

>liberal
It's in no way liberal; the belief that "might makes right" is very apparent in this book, which is not a belief that liberals agree with.
Anton LaVey criticizes humanists quite a lot in this book, which is also not a liberal belief.
The book encourages using what Anton refers to as "lesser magic" to get what you want, which is basically using manipulative tactics such as lying, using sex, threats, deceit, etc.
There is an entire book he wrote about manipulating people called "The Satanic Witch".

Most liberals will also consider this book quite sexist because it truly does objectify women and encourages them to use their bodies to get what they want. Anton also believes that marriage is mostly about sex and that one should leave his partner if he is not being sexually satisfied.

Social Darwinism is a big part of this book, which is quite the opposite of most liberals who are often concerned with helping the weak (although they rarely accomplish much). LaVeyan Satanism states that the strong shouldn't be held back by the weak, and that the weak shouldn't be pitied or accepted.
This is another thing that I have noticed about humans, especially politicians and celebrities, who have no regard for the weak and often abuse them.
>>
>>9096018
>At least study theistic satanism
What is Theistic Satanism? Why is it any better?
>>
>>9096105
I meant "liberal" not in terms of American leftists but "liberal" in that it believes individual liberty and accruing wealth and influence are the utmost virtues, rather than devotion to a higher purpose.
>>
>>9096117
It's not better; theistic Satanism is actually worse, because it's followers believe in an actual Satan, whereas LaVeyan Satanists only use Satan as a symbol to represent humanity's carnal nature. Some LaVeyan Satanists seem to believe in the existence of some kind of pantheistic "dark force" that can be manipulated through rituals, while other LaVeyan satanists are full atheists or deists (I think anton lavey may both a deist and a pantheist because he believed in a god but believed that it didn't care about us, and he also believed in this dark force. The current leader of the Church of Satan (Peter H Gilmore) is a full atheist.
>>
>>9096144
>an actual Satan
Theistic Satanism is way more varied than just believing the Devil from Christianity is literally real
>>
>>9096156
Yes, I know; there are many branches of theistic satanism; however, most of them believe in the existence of some form of higher being (like Satan), or maybe something similar to spirits, whereas LaVeyan Satanists generally don't believe in that. In LaVeyan Satanism, the individual is free to believe whatever he/she wants, and through a bit research, I have found that the majority of LaVeyan Satanists are atheists, and that many LaVeyan Satanists do not fully agree with everything in The Satanic Bible; it's not like a normal religion where you have to believe in everything written in it to be considered a part of it.

I have found that most Theistic Satanists are more involved in the occult, too.
>>
>>9096124
Oh, I apologize for the misunderstanding.
It's just that being "liberal" has become very vague and is mostly associated with American democrats and the left.
>>
>>9095996
How's kindergarden going so far, champ?
>>
>>9095996
Read this and be comforted.
There is nothing new under the sun.

LaVeyan Satanism is the logical religion of capitalism. But there are many other ways.
So many of us are living in other ways, but we are quiet and minding our own business, so it's not as obvious to you.
>>
File: download (51).jpg (21KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
download (51).jpg
21KB, 188x268px
>>9096320
Forgot pic
>>
>>9096320
Yes, I agree; I also feel that Satanism and Objectivism are very fitting for capitalism, and this is unfortunately the world we live in right now, and I don't think that it will change any time soon. :(
I honestly don't want to live by the teachings of Satanism either; but I feel like they are an accurate description of how most humans behave, especially people in power, and the mainstream crowd.
>>
>>9096350
The thing is:
>humans are like this
is not true.
Many humans _ in this place and time_ are like this.
Many, however, are not! And many other ways of living have been tried and been successful in other places and times.
Don't lose hope, or buy the idea (haha, "buy") that humans in general are greedy assholes.
MOST humans just want to be happy. If they believe that material goods will make them happy, or that power will make them happy, then they will follow greedy, powerful paths. But if they find peaceful, gentle ways of being happy, they tend to follow those, since the easiest path is the path of least resistance.
If we can show each other these easier, more peaceful, more sharing oriented ways of happiness, we can increase the people on these paths.
>>
>>9096474
I completely agree.

I also think that if the path towards power is a very difficult path and pursuing it will possibly lead to more pain and misery, because not everyone can obtain power, and even if you do obtain some amount of power, you will always need more. People who seek this kind of power always want to be on top.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.