[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FOLIO SOCIETY editions?? actually legit or attention whore bait?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: foliosoc-700x391.jpg (111KB, 700x391px) Image search: [Google]
foliosoc-700x391.jpg
111KB, 700x391px
FOLIO SOCIETY editions??

actually legit or attention whore bait?

i find paperbacks so much more practical for actually reading though
>>
>>9094173
the only person i've ever mate who likes folio society editions of books is a dumb cunt who complains that she has no money while buying all the worthless garbage she comes across.
>>
yeh that sounds pretty accurate
>>
>>9094173
The Shakespeare Folio ones are worth it simply because you don't get handmade things very often anymore. It is good to however indirectly support crafts like that. I'm not impressed by a lot of their editions but some are very nice.
>>
>>909417>>9094213
>545 fucking dollars per book

What the hell
>>
>>9094225

most of the price comes from their commissioned original illustrations i believe
>>
Nobody serious gets this shit, and they just sell a slim selection of normiecore classics. If you want to spend $100 on fucking Robinson Crusoe be my guest.
>>
>>9094230
Why the hell. Fuck I won't lie for the whole collection I wouldn't mind paying that but damn. I just want Shakespeare's original writing with good presentation
>>
>>9094173
Most of the designs aren't even that pretty to be honest. And people who fill their entire shelf this shit always look like giant pseuds. Not to mention your book shelf would look like ronald mcdonald the clown vomited on it after a bad case of food poisoning.
>>
You will, unironically, get a far better product by spending 1/100th of the price for an old version found at a car-boot sale.
>>
>>9094253

I just have an old textbook, all the plays and sonnets with essays and commentary.

Weighs like ten pounds, barely fits on my desk. Professor said we needed the 200 dollar new version, I figured Shakespeare probably didn't write any new material between 2003 and 2013, turns out I was right. Rest of the class got cucked.
>>
The fanciest I get is Everyman's Library and /lit/ still makes fun of me for it. Folio Society, Easton Press and others are a no go.
>>
>>9094293
Wrong.
>>
I like them. Steep prices, but they do seasonal sales and special offers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.