[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he's choosing to convey his ideas through literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1486782618107.jpg (2MB, 3564x2097px) Image search: [Google]
1486782618107.jpg
2MB, 3564x2097px
>he's choosing to convey his ideas through literature instead of manga or a visual format
ROFL
>>
>>9090490
manga and graphic novels fucking suck at conveying emotion
>>
>>9090510
Maybe if you're a shit artist, but not if you git gud.

Granted a majority of manga artists are retards who just willy nilly throw faces around and don't set anything up. There's never been ambition in the industry until me desu

>says lots of words really fast without periods
Oh shit my dude, literally the most innovative writing of the millenia xd
>>
Visual Novels are the most patrician form of literature
>>
Abstraction (words) is higher on the plane of purity than imagery
>>
>>9090555
the tone is always extremely monotone compared with literature and then especially compared with anime adaptations. sad things might get tears welling for 5 seconds whereas in the anime adaptation of the same scene the emotional reaction is typically much better. if presented in written form, as literature, the emotional reaction is usually between the two.

i have never appreciated a manga more than its adaptation because they're so bad at this

might have to do with them being in B&W unless you're reading colorized ones. but i've read colorized manga and it wasn't much better.
>>
>>9090490
what is that picture anon
>>
The following segment:

"...during the post-meet mixer and dance Pemulis's defaulted opponent ate from the hors d'oeuvres table without using utensils or at one point even hands, did a disco number when there wasn't any music going, and was finally heard telling the Port Washington's Headmaster's wife that he's always wanted to do her from behind..."

...is impossible to portray visually without losing the humour. And that's why I prefer literature.
>>
>>9090908
Adolf Hirémy-Hirschl, The Souls of Acheron (1898)
>>
The following segment:

"...during the post-meet mixer and dance Pemulis's defaulted opponent ate from the hors d'oeuvres table without using utensils or at one point even hands, did a disco number when there wasn't any music going, and was finally heard telling the Port Washington's Headmaster's wife that he's always wanted to do her from behind..."

...is impossible to portray visually without losing the humour. And that's why I prefer literature.
>>
>>9090510
Fuck you. "One Piece" is often incredibly emotional.
>>
>>9091195
>tfw Luffy comes back for Robin
>>
>>9090510
Objectively wrong. The whole reason anime/manga is only consumed by autistic people (aka the entire japanese population) is because the simplistic designs of the characters allow for easy interpretation of emotion. With the huge focus on the eyes and mouth, all subtlety is lost when it comes to emotional expression. They even go as far as to remove elements that don't matter, such as the nose. This also explains the "moe" phenomenon which is just an aesthetic form built on the idea of cute characters that make the consumer feel good. They often describe "moe" as a feeling, rather than a genre or something more tangible.
>>
>>9091205
>tfw the Strawhats ger wiped away by Kuma
>>
>>9091231
>being a weeb in Trump's America
Don't complain when the death squad comes after you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.