[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>books about 'the zone' what are some books where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Picnic at Hanging Rock.jpg (46KB, 520x765px) Image search: [Google]
Picnic at Hanging Rock.jpg
46KB, 520x765px
>books about 'the zone'

what are some books where there are supernatural, mysterious places and it's never really explained what they are?

the interest came after watching Stalker and pic related, I figure books with this dinamic would be very entertaining
>>
Well you're begging for someone to mention Burroughs Interzone.
>>
Ennard Something - The Zone
>>
Anne Hébert, "Les Fous de Bassan " (in the shadow of the wind)

Forgotten masterpiece from 1982
>>
File: 1484869162480.jpg (58KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1484869162480.jpg
58KB, 600x612px
>>9089206
>He didn't read the actual book that explored the actual zone
Stalker was a shitty adaptation of Roadside Picnic. It turned Red into an insufferable little bitch and it ruined the ambiguous ending of what his wish could really be. They also made Guta ugly instead of hot AF like in the book
>>
>>9089265
Although the movie would have probably been better if they went with the first ending where Red brought back a shit ton of gold instead of a cure for his daughter
>>
OP you must've rececntly watched criterion's Zizek video, I literally just watched that earlier today and he recs that with reference to stalker
>>
>>9089265
>movie is bad because some guy liked something the book did better
You people are just off it desu
>>
>>9089286
yes, I watched Picnic at hanging rock because of that video and I liked it a lot so I'm trying to find more things with a similar concept
>>
>>9089206
100 years of solitude intentionally blurs time
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.