[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any method to discern the great from the plebs? I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Is there any method to discern the great from the plebs? I just can simply think of nothing but the impression someone gives. What are the traits?
>>
Do you like their work? They're great

Do you not like their work? They're plebs

When will people understand that experience is subjective? Especially art. Do you really believe everyone has the same taste?
>>
>>9087403
so when your kid eats sand, you're gonna respect his taste ?

>>9087290
you can probably discern the great and the plebs judging from their gods or idols.
>>
File: hobbes.jpg (23KB, 366x400px) Image search: [Google]
hobbes.jpg
23KB, 366x400px
>>9087403
Your paradigm is basically egocentric wankery that has zero room for growth via art. Do you honestly believe that all aesthetic enjoyment is qualitatively the same or have you just adopted an easy opt-out position that allows you to put yourself smugly above any effort to overcome oneself and feel good about mindlessly consuming the cultural equivalent of cud specifically designed by a team of very well paid professionals with express purpose to extract money from hapless imbeciles such as yourself? Kys, my man.
>>
>>9087290
Skill recognises skill,anon.
Kind of how normies think abstract art is the shit but artists think it's shit and pleb and value skill. And it's hard to recognize that skill unless you have struggled to achieve that skill too.
For reading it will mean reading a lot and being a better writer. If you only read shit than the next non shit book you read will be the best book you've ever read. Also if you write and know the struggle of it you'll be able to appreciate writing on a technical level and realise which is more worthy of praise.
>>
>>9087403
Na man, that's a kinda sad view.
>>9087418
If there are no gods or idols?
>>9087494
I kinda liked this statement. Though i can't wrap my head around the thought, that hard work is the endgame of everything.
>>
>>9087569
>If there are no gods or idols?
There's always something people respect. If there isn't, they're pleb. Because there's always something greater than you, and in order to be truly great, you have to admit it. Those who don't admit it, therefore those who don't respect any greatness, are just kiddies or nihilist scum. - which may be superior to plebs with fake idols, but still.
>>
>>9087633
Good point.
I could never have an idol, still i idolize peoples thoughts.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.