[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to read this before the Illiad? Or should I start the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: MythologyBook.jpg (51KB, 273x390px) Image search: [Google]
MythologyBook.jpg
51KB, 273x390px
Do I need to read this before the Illiad? Or should I start the Greeks with the Illiad?
>>
>>9086334
you should only read that and forget everything else
>>
>>9086334

Avoid that work; it's overrated.
>>
Just read this
http://pages.ucsd.edu/~dkjordan/arch/iliad/IliadGuide01.html
the Iliad isn't that hard.
>>
>should I be familiar with Greek mythology before I read a book that makes ten thousand references to it?
>>
Hello, can someone post that infographic about greeks?
>>
>>9086428
Nvm found it
>>
>half of the book is just listing people and their descendants

in one ear and out the other
>>
>>9086334
read it, its not just for the iliad but for the all the greeks.
>>
No. The Iliad gives explanations for things it references. If you're worried about not knowing every god, refer to the appendix or wikipedia.
>>
>>9086440
So is Genesis, but both are still required as a building block for further reading.
>>
>>9086334

Start with the Greeks.
>>
You should get some basic knowledge of Greek mythology before you read it.

Whether you read Mythology by Edith Hamilton is up to you.
>>
>>9086334
Definitely read this prior to Iliad. Iliad makes so much reference to Greek gods and mythology that it is almost impossible to get it without prior context.
>>
File: garb.png (195KB, 494x774px) Image search: [Google]
garb.png
195KB, 494x774px
Only if you are a fucking pseud retard.

All these faggots that don't know Greek myth should kill themselves.

>Female Author
pic related
>>
>>9086334
>Do I need to read this before the Illiad
Considering it was written thousands of years after the Iliad, I'd say no.
>>
File: Nibutani.gif (472KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nibutani.gif
472KB, 500x500px
>>9086929
considering we're not ancient greeks living thousands of years ago and not intimately familiar with their mythology, id say you're a dumb nigger
>>
>>9086334
Only if you have literally no knowledge of Greek Mythology
>>
>>9087068
>and not intimately familiar with their mythology

speak for yourself pleb
>>
>>9086703
Really weak bait. No subtlety or nuance to your composition. I give it a 2/10 for at least collecting this one (You)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.