[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me, just being THE most influential poet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: blake1.jpg (48KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
blake1.jpg
48KB, 500x550px
Don't mind me, just being THE most influential poet of romanticism
>>
>>9080427
He wasnt influential in his time at all
>>
>>9080427
lol no. The best? Certainly.
>>
>>9080460
this
symmetry and tigers and all that
>>
That's not Goethe.

>>9080460
Again, not Goethe.
>>
>>9080460
>>9080851
>>9080427
That's not Keats
>>
>>9080870
This guy gets it
>>
>>9080870
>Keats

more like shits
>>
>>9080870
I wouldn't say he's the most influential or the best, but he might have been the most talented, and I do enjoy him the most. He just died way too young.
>>
>>9080843
Why does everyone go on about the tiger? London or Auguries of Innocence are way better
>>
>>9080894
the symmetry is the best line of poetry since Ecclesiastes
>>
>>9080894
Because it's an easy poem, not to say that it isn't great.
>>
>>9080427
Blake's influence starts when the Pre-Raphaelites get into him, for the most part.
>>
Rimbaud and Coleridge 4eva
Modern before it was modern and traditionalism before traditionalism
>>
>>9080851
>Goethe
But that's just wrong, Anon
>>
>>9082642
OP made claim to romanticism, in between renaissance works and modernism. That other anon's claim is legit, fuck face.
>>
>>9082685
To be fair, Goethe rejected romanticism.
>>
>>9080894
I like Auguries. Extremely simple structure, but it feels like it gets to the heart of his whole "sublime in the mundane" aesthetic

>A dog starvd at his Masters Gate
>Predicts the ruin of the State
>A Horse misusd upon the Road
>Calls to Heaven for Human blood
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.