/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve my reading compherehension and speed /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Chinatown.jpg (828KB, 1330x748px) Image search: [Google]
Chinatown.jpg
828KB, 1330x748px
How do I improve my reading compherehension and speed /lit/?

I meditate often which has helped tremendously but I still seem to have trouble memorising little details of a story.
>>
>>9077322
How small are we talking? Because I'm sure people forget a lot of details to stories. You can't remember everything, OP.
>>
>>9077323
I dunno, I just feel disconnected from the story I'm reading sometimes.
>>
>>9077322
Reading comprehension and reading speed are an inverse relationship so you'll have to consider emphasising speed or comprehension and this will depend on the quality and complexity of the text.

Sometimes when I feel disconnected from a text I find it helps to stop reading for a moment and reflect. Try asking yourself questions about what the text is attempting to communicate from time to time and this will help you form a personal connection. Sub-vocalising and reading aloud can also help with reading comprehension.

If you're looking to memorise important sections of text it would be helpful learning a memory technique such as memory journeys or memory palaces to aid with memorisation.
>>
>>9077335
I think that means you're just not very invested in the story.
>>
>>9077565
This.

You're actually talking about a lack of emotion, and it's probably lacking because you have some weird self-aware hangup where you're analysing your speed and comprehension while you're trying to read.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.