[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's a good place to read Buddhist texts online. Ideally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 76trcrvytbuy.jpg (81KB, 399x437px) Image search: [Google]
76trcrvytbuy.jpg
81KB, 399x437px
Where's a good place to read Buddhist texts online.

Ideally the whole Pali Canon but also stuff like the Diamond Sutra, Heart Sutra etc.
>>
>>9076900
I've already read the Bible.
>>
Hopefully the one guy who identifies with Tibetan Buddhism comes in here and just dumps everything. I wish I had saved that thread.
>>
>>9076913
I screencapped some stuff on my other computer. Will post later.
>>
>>9076913
>>9076957
who is this guy?
>>
zen bones is worth a look and siddhartha hermann hesse
>>
>>9076965
Legendary poster, he was in a thread about Asian philosophy a week or so ago and dropped a ton of references as well as a pastebin or where to get more information.
>>
Bump for Buddha.
>>
Bumping in hopes of this>>9076913
>>
>>9076900
http://palicanon.org/index.php/about
5 minutes at google, good luck.
>>
>>9076957
>>9077698
Hoping that guy with the screencaps remembers this thread. That, or Tibetan Buddhist senpai notices us.
>>
>>9076969

Why the fuck do idiots keep on suggesting "Siddharta" when someone asks about Buddhism? Have you at least read the fucking book? It has absolutely nothing to do with Buddhism, except for a brief and inconsequential appearance of the Buddha
>>
sacred-texts.com has all of the religious writings you could need.
>>
>>9077703
>>9079276
Anyone can type "pali canon" into google. Hoping for someone who knows how good the translations are compared to others.
>>
Accesstoinsight for a comrhensive selection of the Tipitaka.
Also check out Suttacentral, same shit basically but a different translation.
>>
It probably doesn't help much but there's some Buddhist stuff translated for free on wikisource for free and it's easy to acess and download to an e-reader if that's your thing

I'm reading the diamond sutra right now
>>
>>9076900

what is this dudes hair made out of? cap'n crunch peanut butter crunch poofs?
'
>>
>>9079529
>>9079529
>>9079529

This pretty much

suttacentral has the Agamas too and other stuff

Most of these are early Buddhist texts though
>>
Sad the Tibetan Buddhist of lit hasn't graced us with his presence.
>>
>>9076902
Everyone here has already studied the teachings of Jesus. We're trying to expand our understanding by seeking out differing perspectives.

Anyone on /lit/ who refuses to at least study the bible academically is automatically a pseud and should leave immediately.
>>
>>9080997
You're not wrong, friend.
>>
>>9080997
>>9081189
He is wrong "friend".
>>
You don't learn a religion, you live it.
>>
File: 1485824450319.jpg (19KB, 391x278px) Image search: [Google]
1485824450319.jpg
19KB, 391x278px
>>9081195
>>
File: zen.jpg (138KB, 1329x405px) Image search: [Google]
zen.jpg
138KB, 1329x405px
>>9076913
>>9076957
>>
>>9081434
That is just a fragment. I was hoping someone would have his longer posts including the one including the pastebin with additional sources/information.
>>
>>9081733
Must have missed it. That was the only valuable post I remember.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.