[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there any 21st century Manifesto of Futurism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: be7a4fbb[1].jpg (141KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
be7a4fbb[1].jpg
141KB, 500x499px
Why isn't there any 21st century Manifesto of Futurism? The Fourth Industrial Revolution is happening right now after all. No poetry about automation, AI takeover and driverless cars, about becoming redundant due to AI?

Or is it only music and art that can express our fate in the digital age?
>>
>>9074452
>automation, AI takeover and driverless cars, about becoming redundant due to AI?
There are literally tens of thousands of novels about these things and they're all shitty science fiction books from the 60s and 70s
>>
>>9074459
But all of those 60s and 70s novels look now look silly with their predictions. Would like to read something based more on what we have now.
>>
>>9074483
Then get a subscription to Science magazine or whatever. There's no reason to read about some autist's made up technology when real technology is interesting and well documented
>>
>>9074452
Because this is the CURRENT YEAR, so you're getting the Metamodernist Manifesto instead:
http://www.metamodernism.org/
>>
>>9074495
t.b.h. I'm not looking for sci-fi stuff per se. Rather, I want some stuff that reflects how technological progress changes the man + aesthetic explorations and experiments with form. Basically, an updated version of the 20st century Futurism.
>>
>>9074569
>>9074452
Maybe we can't go back to something resembling futurism because we're disillusioned with all that AI and "select all images with a store front" crap. We know that shit won't bring anything good and our world as we knew it is in decay. Maybe you should ask where is today's fin-de-siècle decadence and if you were indeed to ask that then I, um, still wouldn't know what to tell you. Maybe that would be Tao Lin and Sam Pink and Mira? I don't know.
>>
There is. You just have to look at small circles of academia, most likely some reactionary stuff (i.e. accelerationism)
>>
>>9074452
Humanity is slowly slipping into depression. Technology isn't advancing as fast as we thought it would. We're still driving basically the same cars as in the 60's, computers have stopped getting faster and the greatest advancements in science nowadays are just validations/applications of old theories.
>>
A lot of this already exists in older sci-fi. If that's not what you're looking for, I guess you just want the literal equivalent of vaporwave, in which case, fuck off.
>>
>>9074732
Rapid advancement of AI and automation is a thing though. And this is enough to cause radical changes in our economy and society.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.