[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you feel about this adaptation? Did accurately capture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

How did you feel about this adaptation? Did accurately capture the book?

>inb4 "go to /tv/"

Its a show based on literature and I seriously doubt anyone on /tv/ has ever read W&P and could give me the answers Im looking for
>>
>I want to know if this is elitist-approvable without actually reading the book
does that about cover it?
>>
Aww Lily James is in War and Peace. I should watch it after all.
>>
>cable TV

what do you think?
>>
>>9070754
No, Im currently reading the book and Im going to watch the series after I finish it
>>
>>9070784
Whats that supposed to mean? Are you implying some of the best TV ever produced wasnt on cable?
>>
>>9070796
That doesn't matter, you retard. Cable TV hasn't been good since the 90's
>>
>>9070805
You are a fucking idiot. We are literally living in the golden age of television. Way to completely confirm that you have no clue what youre talking about
>>
>>9070805
TV was terrible in the 90s. There were some decent cartoons, and thats about it
>>
>>9070746
Is that the bbc one? In case it is, I dropped it after third episode. One off-putting aspect was incest on a screen that never happens in the book, the other was Piere. Dumbest Piere ever, but at first that's a good thing. It gets wrong when he should start to turn into a man of action, and he instead stays dumbest Piere ever. Unconvincing locations, completely absent Russian spirit, underwhelming battle scenes, accents and acting doesn't help ether. So I decided that I may as well spend my time going thorough the best ting that was ever came to tv screens for the third time.
>>
>>9070925
How is the young pope? Is it more of an anti catholic show? Thats the vibe i got from the trailer
>>
>>9070983
Not at all. It's ambigious, trying to please everyone. Some orphan psychoanalisis, but it's never anti catholic, never preachy, and often spiritual. But the main drag is cinematography. It's simply the best on tv, sublime, with amazing score.
>>
>>9071100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Tz_muh6IA
>>
>>9071133
This still gives me chills. I had to go download the song its so good. The cinematography of the show is really breathtaking.
>>
>>9070746
The visuals are 10/10
I enjoyed the casting

But the script and plot is a giant mess
>>
Natastha and Marya actresses were so fucking qt I couldn't take it

paul dano was classic as always

dolokhov was pretty great

I enjoyed it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.