[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Urth of the New Sun worth a read? I'm making my way throught

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: urth.jpg (36KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
urth.jpg
36KB, 333x499px
Is Urth of the New Sun worth a read? I'm making my way throught BotNS now, currently on Sword of the Lictor, and was wondering if I should read this when I'm done with the series.
>>
>>9064078
It's good, but not necessary.
>>
>>9064078
I'm wondering as well

My fear is that it might be one of those books where the author answers questions about the original series that might better be left unanswered, but I don't even know what it's about so my fears are hopefully unfounded
>>
>>9064078
>>9064208
The questions of BotNS that require answers are apparently buried within it if you're attentive enough but I was too stupid and Im really happy I read Urth and got them answered, though it introduces plenty of new questions.
It's fine continuation but I will say it doesn't quite have the magic of the original. It expands the scope of the story and goes to some weird places and I honestly couldn't say whether it hurts or betters the story.
It's Gene Wolfe, that's for sure.
>>
Yes, you should read everything Wolfe wrote in the solar cycle. He answers a lot of questions in Urth but it raises some excellent thematic strains on its own. Not quite as good as the original four, but what is? (Answer: Book of the Short sun)
>>
>>9064836
Get out Marc
>>
>>9064880
Yeah, that one guy who has something intelligent to say about Wolfe, we don't need you here clogging up our genre fiction threads and sending all the best bookshelf pictures to page ten.
>>
>>9064836
How is Book of the Long Sun?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.