[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, first time poster here. You guys don't seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 41MjvZ.jpg (17KB, 231x346px) Image search: [Google]
41MjvZ.jpg
17KB, 231x346px
Hey /lit/, first time poster here.

You guys don't seem to have a /stupid questions general/ thread on here so I hope you don't mind if I open this thread for my stupid question:

What version(s) of "The Book of the New Sun" is (are) recommended?

(pic related, for example, is from Orb (I think))
>>
>>9063538
Why would you need a specific 'version'? Book was written in English, brah.
>>
It's english so literally whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>9063538
The one with the coolest cover
>>
>>9063551
>>9063561
>>9063568
Ah ok thanks. Thought there's maybe a bad publisher who puts books out on cheapo paper or some such.
>>
>>9063612
There are (there always are), but who's got time to figure out which? I'm assuming you're not buying physical.

It's not a big deal anyway. You're reading it, not wiping your arse with it (I assume).
>>
>>9063612
Although I should say that if you've got an e-reader, you can very easily pirate the thing.
>>
I looked on Amazon and unless I'm missing something, the edition that you posted is the only one that's in print.
>>
>>9063622
I was planning to.

I dislike reading on tablets and most e-readers are too small for my liking (or cost a fortune when sized appropriately).
>>
>>9063627
You're missing something.
>>9063633
Then...check the paper for yourself. Your store isn't likely to stock multiple editions, though.
>>
>>9063651
>You're missing something.

I'll take your word for it, I suppose.
>>
>>9063651
I'll order the version published by Orb.
Bookstores in my country have terrible selections when it comes to science fiction or fantasy so I won't even bother to look.
>>
>>9063657
I own a different publisher's edition, which I bought a few months ago.
>>
OP has autism to be worrying about different editions of an english language work
>>
>>9063538
you should get this version, OP

ISBN: 1840226617
>>
>>9063538
>Reading a translation
>Missing the translator's note at the end of the first book
>Not sitting down with the original manuscript, Roget's Urthsaurus, and a nice pot of brain fluid to puzzle it out yourself.
Never stop plebbin, /lit.,
>>
>>9063538
I dunno, but stay the fuck away from P&V.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.