[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the greatest paperback publisher, and why is it Modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (41KB, 300x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 300x462px
What is the greatest paperback publisher, and why is it Modern Library Classics?

if for no other reason, the fucking FEEL of the book, they look great and all, but when you pick one up, you're greeted with sumptuous vitality, between the matte covers, you feel the pliable and strong coursing of a wriggling python, so giving, so ready to be read, so durable, and effective in editing, price, translation, and content, tell me, i beg you to show me a superior paperback novel series. you'll only be doing me a great service in proving me wrong and showing me something even better!
>>
>>9062653

Yeah they're usually my go-to for cheap classics.
>>
Some people like reading, other people like books. I get the feeling OP prefers books.
>>
oxford.
>>
>>9062924
i like to read, but i also like the physical representation of the book, and i prefer it to have a quality feel.
>yeah this ipod is great!
>my mp3 sounds the same tho
>yeah, but look how nice the design is, very thoughtful
>sounds like you like the ipod more than the music
>>
File: image.jpg (239KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239KB, 1310x873px
>>9062929
>oxford
>cruddy paperfeel, most books crumble quickly with use, spine cracks menacingly instead of creasing without threatening to destroy the book, literally feels sharp in the hand, never affording a good grip to let you forget the big piece of wood in your hand
wrong.
>>
They do good work, no question. I'm still mildly irked that I have their editions of Haggard's She and King Solomon's Mines, but they didn't publish a matching edition of Allan Quartermain, the other essential Haggard.
>>
I love their binding. The spine never bends similar to the Suhrkamp books I have.
>>
>>9062653
>discussing aesthetic properties of paperbacks
Get some hardcovers, you insufferable pleb.
>>
>>9063085
>He buys apple products
>He places value on design instead of content
WE GOT A LIVE ONE
>>
>>9064029
t. teenager from /g/
>>
>>9064034
>I like to throw money in waste dispensers because I like pretty shiny colors
>if you so much as dare point this fact out to me I WILL throw a temper tantrum and call you a teenager
really made me think
>>
>>9062653
Penguin desu
>>
>>9064039
>liking what I dont like
Solid argument, champ.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.