[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here read Harold Bloom's novel? Does it have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: bloom_lucifer_hb.jpg (87KB, 477x700px) Image search: [Google]
bloom_lucifer_hb.jpg
87KB, 477x700px
Has anyone here read Harold Bloom's novel?

Does it have any discernible talent?
>>
>>9062572
Harold Bloom's novel is the greatest reason why I don't listen to him

The opinion of "critics" who have never written a good work is completely worthless.
>>
File: volcano lover.jpg (26KB, 201x300px) Image search: [Google]
volcano lover.jpg
26KB, 201x300px
>>9062581

So the only critic you listen to is Susan Sontag?
>>
>>9062581

Does one truly need to be a good creator to be a "good" critic? I would think that the quality/appeal of a critic comes more from what knowledge of the field they bring and how they can broaden the reading of a work.

I don't need to have released an album to know when a song is "bad" or "good" or to recommend that song to friends. I don't see why a critic HAS to be an author also.
>>
>>9062604
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>9062589
Who said Susan Sontag wrote a good book?
>>
>>9062637

Which part are you saying is untrue?
>>
An author's criticism would only be valuable to authors.
A reader's criticism is valuable to readers.
>>
>>9062581
You can make good points and be a terrible writer at the same time. Just be conscious that you are bad, how and why.
>>
>>9062581

Have you written "a good work?"
>>
what are some critics that have god tier fiction novels?
>>
>>9062775
Oscar Wilde
>>
>>9062870
how about contemporary ones? or after ww2
>>
>>9062939

Jonathan Lethem and Zadie Smith write critical essays for the New Yorker and other publications and both are accomplished authors of fiction.
>>
>>9062572
yes, not really

>>9062581
pseud
>>
File: bLFO2fT.jpg (24KB, 407x600px) Image search: [Google]
bLFO2fT.jpg
24KB, 407x600px
>>9062949
thanks
>>
It's a cool idea though.
>>
>>9062572
Isn't it just an embarrassing fanfic of The Voyage to Arcturus?
>>
>>9063718
Yup.
>>
Plenty of good writers have shit opinions. Look at Tolstoi and his hatred of Shakespeare for not being moral enough.
>>9062775
>>9062939
...Nabokov.
>>9063718
Yup.
>>
Is there a PDF for this book?

It's neither on Bibliotik nor LibGen.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.