[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize Wittgenstein ended philosophy and you'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: serveimage.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>tfw you realize Wittgenstein ended philosophy and you'll make no significant contribution to the field in your entire life
>>
>>9056439
Can anyone explain to me how Witty wasn't just Kant, but focused on language? Defining limits, etc.
>>
>>9056510
I could, but you would be better served by reading either of them.
>>
>>9056519
I've read Kant. A lot of him. I just finished Tractatus. So explain.
>>
>>9056439

1. If he really did end philosophy, then in a certain sense the wrong thing to do would be to cry about it. Most evils are committed by human beings behaving like mindless idiots anyways because they are searching for cures to problems they don't really have. Philosophy, under the guise of ideology, gives them weapons that don't work to fight wars they don't need against things they don't understand. It would be a good look if an end of philosophy also ended that cycle of retardedness.

2. Every major advance in philosophy has been made by someone claiming to have ended it. Nietzsche thought he ended it. Heidegger thought he ended that ending. Marx. Hegel. Whoever. In philosophy everything interesting happens when somebody ends it. Wittgenstein belongs to a line of those. If he's your guy, cool. Someone else will "end" it again soon, though.

3. Either way you are now free to live your life. Do we even need another 'significant contribution' to philosophy? The world is fucked up and survival will be enough. When the Roman Empire collapsed it was more than sufficient to just keep those books around in monasteries for a few hundred years until civilization reappeared. It was actually a good idea that books were just held and preserved through the dark ages. No updates were necessary.

4. We haven't even left the earth yet or built the big AI. People learn new shit about physics all the time. And computers. Eventually we'll take the show on the road and get to space. In the meantime, surviving the next Malthusian filter will require all the wisdom and intelligence we have.

There's a time and a place for new discoveries in philosophy, anon. You had the good and bad fortune to be born at the end of an era. But you might get to see the beginning of a new one too. That's pretty cool.
>>
File: sad Pepe.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
sad Pepe.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>9056439
>tfw too dumb to understand philosophy
>>
>>9056510
Such a restrictive comparison doesn' do justice to the great differences between both authors. As if both were only about "defining limits". And if rationality and language were qualitatively the same, in which "limiting" means the same.

I get your point though. And it's incredibly and stupid to claim that Wittgenstein ended philosophy. Just as Kant did not end Philosophy, Wittgenstein hasn't ended Philosophy, and there is no actual reason to think that he did. It shows misunderstanding, and it shows a great ignorance in regards to recent history (the last 100 years) in the field of philosophy. You also do injustice to based Wittgenstein-kun.

Also how vain is it to be sad about not making a significant contribution?
>>
>>9056642
Wittgenstein himself thought that he had ended philosophy twice.
>>
>>9056439
>being so stupid that you can't even refute Wittgenstein
wew lad
>>
>>9056671
Dig a bit deeper into his biography, it's not that simple, and the fact that he thought so TWICE should be a clue.
>>
Nietzsche independently came up with similar ideas as Wittgenstein did, but in a much less autistic manner,

Witt would have benefited from a real philosophical training rather than spending his entire life fighting his analytical/positivist indoctrination
>>
>>9056691
this desu
>people still dont realize Nietzsche was the most smart human who ever lived
Sad!
>>
>>9056439
Could not possibly care less.
>>
Jokes on you, I didn't even have to read that book to realize that .
>>
>>9056439
Bioethics and philosophy of mind are very important given the technological advances we're going to make. CRISPR babbies and AI are coming.
>>
File: 1463186429322.jpg (188KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463186429322.jpg
188KB, 1080x1080px
>>9056439
imho, the Dao De Jing ended philosophy sometime around the late 4th century BC
>>
>>9056623
good post
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.