[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone bluepill me on this man. Convince me of his great literary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: stephen_king-coming-to-boulder.jpg (19KB, 414x403px) Image search: [Google]
stephen_king-coming-to-boulder.jpg
19KB, 414x403px
Someone bluepill me on this man. Convince me of his great literary qualities.

I tried to read Carrie once, but it was more ridiculous than disturbing.
>>
>>9056281
We're redpilled, numale cuck.

Were simply against women and liberals. Therefore King is evil. He doesnt hate nonwhites and he dislikes based emperor Trump.
>>
>>9056281
most of his novels are empty of any kind of depth and the endings are mostly bad.
It's not that he's particularly bad, its just his fanbase reveres him as some godlike author.
most of his books can be condensed into 400 pages instead of 1000s of pages of empty bland writing.
>>
On occasion he can be an engaging writer, but for the most part his novels are bloated, overwritten and filled with boring, one dimensional characters, lame deus ex machina endings and vulgarity that is more cringeworthy and laughable than disturbing and edgy.
>>
About 350 out of 1200 pages of The Stand were genuinely good, about another 50, usually the ones really focusing on Harold's mind and describing Randall Flagg, were genuinely great. The entire stretch where it introduces Flagg as he walks down the road, listing off all his names is one of those times when you're reading a book and you're kinda taken aback at just how evocative it is and how much presence a character has.

The problem is the other 800 pages.
>>
>>9056782
This
>>
>>9056281
Pretty much what >>9056782 said. There are a few books of him I like and sometime read, but most of them are bad. 'Salem's Lot is good, Duma Key is good, and I can't think of any other.
>>
>>9056281

i try take pill one time threw p :(
>>
>>9056281
He's the ultimate cheap entertainer when it comes to novels. He has no pretense: he just want to write stories that will be read by millions of people. There's nothing more behind it.
>>
The Stand and IT are good (and occasionally great.) Different Seasons is very good. His short story collections are pretty good. The majority of his work is mediocre. Good storyteller, average writer, terrible at endings.
>>
The Dark Tower series is very good. The first book had an incredible opening line.
>>
King's greatest quality is that everything he wrote is bad and you can realize this after reading just one page, thus allowing you to happily ignore his entire work for life.

Very few authors are this thoughtful.
>>
File: 1477424382736.png (110KB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
1477424382736.png
110KB, 456x456px
I was practically raised on Stephen King, and now my writing resembles his. Does this mean I kill myself?

My favourite is Needful Things
>>
Different Seasons is the most /lit/ thing he has ever written.
>>
>>9059055
'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
>>
Why is Dark Tower so highly praised?

I liked the first one but after that it's just kinda good/hate it relationship
>>
>>9056292
you're not funny
>>
>>9060015
Because most of its readers only read Stephen King or JK Rowling.
>>
>>9059687
This. Stay away, why read such trash? You're better off not reading at all.
>>
Can't really hate on King, i kinda got into literature thanks to him, even though i don't read him at all anymore

although i gotta say The Long Walk is really great

"It" is nice as well, but way too long for what it is
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.