[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing a book (as are we all) but the thing about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1357967375963.jpg (87KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
1357967375963.jpg
87KB, 500x551px
I'm writing a book (as are we all) but the thing about this book is that it's something like post apocalyptic:

a huge majority of humanity has died out, leaving a small population with enough resources for about 8-9 billion people (the "apocalypse" happened in the nearish future, but it's never explicitly dated, or explained)

Now, the thing is, is that I wanted to make an apocalypse that isn't dystopian or mad max style. Since there's so much of everything, nobody has to fight for anything.

The remaining humans sort of group together in "towns" that sort of evolve out of people repurposing parts of huge cities, and hippie communes in... wherever they feel like it.

Since there's such a surplus in everything, people can just go out and get whatever they want. So there's no reason to fight over say, money or jewelry or other material objects.

Electricity/ internet/ crops/ etc, those are still maintained (on a much smaller scale) by people who have nothing better to do/ get asked to do it, that sorta thing.

Now, of course there's still things like rapists and serial killers and additional things like apocalypse death cults, but the majority lives mostly peaceably in a mostly anarchic society.

(Bare in mind that this is about 10 years after the apocalypse- once populations start to rise and resources actually need to be replenished, this would slowly change)

My question is, how valid is this interpretation? I know that the debate on whether humans are inherently violent or peaceable has always been a hot topic [spoiler ]I personally believe humans are inherently good[/spoiler]. Do you think people could live like this in this scenario, or is this a painfully naive backdrop for a novel? Would you be interested in reading something like that?
>>
>>9055101
>how valid is this interpretation?
Interpretation of what? Your made up scenario? Just admit it, you don't really want advice, you just want people to tell you it's a cool idea. It's clear from your wishy washy noncommittal post that you haven't even started writing it yet.
>>
>>9055139
First of all, yes I have started writing it. I'm on page 50. Second of all, I do want advice.
This is /lit/. I don't care if you actually LIKE the story, but I want to know if a group of people in that scenario might act like that.

Basically, what I'm asking is if philosophically or sociologically it's even kind of realistic, since it's not a fantasy world, or if I should a caste system or some shit.
>>
>>9055149
>philosophically realistic
What does that mean? You want to know what people might act like in your made up future scenario? Come on dude, that's like the whole point of writing a novel. What do YOU think they would act like? You made it up.
>>
Read more, op.
>>
>>9055101
You're concept of a future follows Rousseau's Belief of People being Inherently Good. So, that's an answer.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.