[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a college student majoring in literature. As such, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: god.png (84KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
god.png
84KB, 299x169px
I'm a college student majoring in literature. As such, what version of the bible do you all recommend I read? I'm leaning towards King James due to its influence on the Western Canon, but NRSV may be good due to its more academic nature. Other suggestions are welcome as well.
>>
File: lattimore_newtestament.jpg (264KB, 1234x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lattimore_newtestament.jpg
264KB, 1234x1200px
Imagine the best qualities of the King James, and NRSV rolled into one with a dash of Homeric vernacular
>>
>>9053765
KJV is essential for literature and most artistic understandings of the Bible. I don't know about the NSRV specifically, but if you're reading for accuracy or for religious studies in general, that's probably the way to go.
>>
original greek and hebrew.
>>
>>9053772
Do your happen to have a digital copy?
>>
>>9053765
I recommend you kill yourself asap
>>
>Reading only one translation of the Bible

No words.
>>
File: Repave_(2013)_Album_Cover.jpg (87KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Repave_(2013)_Album_Cover.jpg
87KB, 620x620px
>>9053765
KJV or nothing

seriously though you'll be missing out on half the experience of the bible if you don't use the KJV ... some of that prose is jaw-dropping
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ngzlttDD1Q1qzozj1.gif (58KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ngzlttDD1Q1qzozj1.gif
58KB, 500x448px
>>9054108
ho ho ho
>>
KJV is overrated and only used by proddies in the USA who for some reason seem to think it's the only "real" translation.
>>
>>9053765
>I'm a college student majoring in literature.

Stop scrawling in all the library books, you bloody philistine. You people make me sick.
>>
>>9053765
You should honestly read both side by side. You get a much better picture of what it's saying, both poetically and literally.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.