[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Naipaul, who has been described as the "greatest living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>Naipaul, who has been described as the "greatest living writer of English prose", was asked if he considered any woman writer his literary match. He replied: "I don't think so." Of Austen he said he "couldn't possibly share her sentimental ambitions, her sentimental sense of the world".

>He felt that women writers were "quite different". He said: "I read a piece of writing and within a paragraph or two I know whether it is by a woman or not. I think [it is] unequal to me."

>The author, who was born in Trinidad, said this was because of women's "sentimentality, the narrow view of the world".

Why don't you read V.S Naipaul, /lit/?
>>
POO
>>
>>9053518
Redpill AF tru Aryan Subcon Alpha
>>
>>9053518
Who is this qt next to the poo in loo
>>
Reminder Jane Austen, George Eliot, the Brontes all wrote under pseudonyms and weren't widely known to be women in the works they wrote under male names.
I don't belief this guy for a second.
>>
This is literally R9k! Some robot had this big post about he can discern woman vs man from their typing style. I wish I had the screen cap.
>>
>>9053518
I quite liked The Mystic Masseur, but haven't read anything else he's written. Any recommendations?
>>
>>9053556
That's not that ridiculous a statement. I can sometimes tell the political disposition of a person based on a few paragraphs of apolitical text. Same with gender.
>>
>>9053552
Hey, femanon here, this.
>>
>>9053552
There wasn't enough widely read female writing to discern what a female voice would read like at the time
>>
>>9053602
Yeah, it was based a lot on how women write to the group as the higher conscious. " everybody does X except you.." and some other hilarious points .i wish I had it desu
>>
>>9053518
Greatest living writer of english prose my ass. He's second rate at best. It will be funny to watch /lit/ choose mysoginy over racism and not claim his success is due the war against white men because he considers women inferior.

As to his actual argument... who fucking cares how he rates himself against others? Thats like saying his perception of himself is worth as much as an unbiased critical examination of his work.

As for gendered writing, well, its a thing but not nearly so self evident in all cases or obvious at all sometimes. Hell, very established writers have been unable to pass a literature turing test recently. What makes anyone think Naipaul can do it with women?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.