[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this man incapable of writing anything good other than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

Why is this man incapable of writing anything good other than prologues and epilogues? Why is everything in between in his books always vastly inferior?
>>
>>9053087
because he's a pleb and wishes he was Donald Barthelme
>>
>>9053090
this is the most wrong thing I have read on lit pertaining to literature in at least a week. >>9053087
Probably because you don't understand what's going on in the middle and need the fireworks of plot to impress you.
>>
>>9053105
Pafko at the wall is the greatest thing he's ever written.

There was plenty of "plot" throughout Mao II but the prologue and epilogue--which had more or less zero plot--was still the best

White noise, was actually pretty solid all the way through.
>>
>>9053087
I don't see what yoy mean.
>>
>>9053087
because you're a dumb ass who needs to find a different hobby

Sage!
>>
>>9053090
>because he's a pleb and wishes he was Donald Barthelme

They have completely different writing styles.
>>
>>9053090
Bartlemay is a fucking hack. He places his emetic "style" before being communicative or even compelling. His handful of decent stories do not justify the mountains of murky diarrhea he asks us to sift through for the sake of absolutely no new insight or human perspective. To even mention him in the same breath as DeLillo who manages to be both technically interesting and culturally insightful is a joke. Fuck your mother.
>>
>>9054290
You're right. Barthelme is actually good, Dedildo is a hack.

>>9054331
Delillo is as shallow as the parochial intellectuals he pretends to denounce.
>>
>>9054411
lol
>>
>>9054411
Damn Anon, did DeLillo conceive you on a hot New York night with floating neon Chinese restaurants signs and yelling Italian siblings and then desert your mother?
>>
>>9054600
He sounds like a lithping limp dicked faggot, so it's more conceivable he conceived you.
>>
>>9054631
Damn you sound so angry. What did DeLillo do to you?
>>
>>9054411
They are both good.
>>
>>9056180
Delillo is mediocre and will be forgotten sooner than Steinbeck.
>>
>>9056200
I like him
>>
>>9056342
And there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>9056200
this is just wrong. even if you dislike him this is just so so wrong. how can you be so wrong?
>>
Oh I get it OP is retarded.
>>
DeLillo is a genius. Far from mediocre. great prose, incredible mind. A thinking writer, more than an emotional one, thus his old-age works suffer from a certain sentimentality. He lacks the edge that he had with Libra or Underworld. Of course nobody here will put the effort to give carefully constructed arguments as to why he's shit or not, but that's okay.
>>
>>9056591
plus:
https://youtu.be/0DTePKA1wgc

Very relevant, very good. And it provided me with the perfect narrative voice for his novels. Probably just my personal autism but i fell in love with DeLolli's narrations of his own prose in this docu
>>
>>9056610
that's not him narrating but great documentary. Here's a great video of him reading https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vdpd8A5sTg&t=273s.
>That lunar part of us that dreams of wasted terrain.

How can you dislike this man?
>>
>>9056652
holy fuck his writing is shallow and basic. glad I've never read him. sounds like the shit kids would produce in my highschool writers craft class.
>>
>>9056685
what's the difference between shallow and basic in the context of your sentence?
>>
>>9056705
basic vocabulary + shallow face value meaning
>>
>>9056759
BEANER?
>>
>>9056359
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>9056685
>listens to 7 minutes of out of context prose
>holy fuck his writing is shallow and basic

Jesus Christ
>>
>Writes books
>Complements them by plotting and executing terrorist attacks augmenting the experience of his writings

Delillo is by far the most commited writer in modern history.
>>
>>9054770
He's angry that nothing he'll write will be nearly as good as Donnies work
>>
>>9056759
>basic vocabulary
Pretentious faggot detected. I bet you go out your way to use esoteric language to confuse people into believing you're smarter than them.

Besides, a broad vocab isn't important, especially when the prose is evocative enough and consists of poetic textures, which, admittedly, is purely aesthetic, but it's not our fault you're a dumbass who doesn't know how to read.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.