[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there times when suffering isn't productive? Also,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: nietzsche-hugging-a-horse.jpg (76KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche-hugging-a-horse.jpg
76KB, 500x401px
Are there times when suffering isn't productive?

Also, did Nietzsche really hug the horse? Is there any evidence of this event?
>>
The horse thing is apocryphal.
>>
>To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities — I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not — that one endures.

Would Nietzsche put Goethe in a Nazi concentration camp?
>>
>>9052316
What if he did ?
What if he didn't ?
>>
>>9052316
If he did hug the horse then he's a horse girl and it's no wonder he went mad. Steer clear from his philosophy

Tip-top tip lads: If they've been in THE STABLES, it means they're UNSTABLE
>>
>>9052316
yes, N never said that suffering makes everyone stronger. He said "What doesn't destroy ME only makes ME stronger". In the context of the aphorism, he was talking about great philosophers and other geniuses, people who are able to learn from literally any experience they undergo, i.e. to contextualize and draw accurate insights from any situation, including any hardship and especially any hardship because in times of the hardship is when men's true colors, to use the cliche, really emerge in a pronounced way. This aphorism only applies, in other words, if you are the kind of person who is capable of processing experiences and analyzing them in such a way that if you survive the experiences, you emerge from them wiser than you were before! i.e. more powerful.

However, if you are your average joe pleb, hardship is likely to just leave you traumatized and weaker. You'll learn nothing other than that the world is a harsh, unforgiving place.
>>
>>9052481
ib4 he collapsed at the end therefore his philosophy is shit

that's like saying superman was a weakling because he died after the enormous effort of battling the universe's most powerful monster, after having saved the world already multiple times. it's incredible that he even got as far as he got. I'd like to see any of you faggots upend millennia of passed-on value systems and revolutionize philosophy, all while suffering from debilitating sickness and galactic-level isolation because none of your contemporaries are anywhere close to your level of woke-ness.
>>
>>9052349
nazi concentration camps had soccer fields, gardens where the inmates could grow their own food, kinos, theathre, a lot of the inmates could play insturments and they would perform for everyone.
>>
>>9052481
>You'll learn nothing other than that the world is a harsh, unforgiving place.
obviously haven't read nietzsche
>>
>>9052742
>a lot of the inmates could play insturments and they would perform for everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yMeXMRn9KU
>>
>>9052746
Not saying N thought this u idiot. This is what a weak person unable to understand and learn from suffering would come away with
>>
>>9052316
http://www.nietzschecircle.com/nietzsche4.html

>It is oft repeated that he saw a coach-driver beating his horse, threw his arms around the horse in tears, and collapsed; however, this is but another apocryphal legend that cannot be corroborated with absolute verity. Italian Nietzsche scholar Verrecchia investigated and disputed this tale, which was originally published in an Italian newspaper somewhat akin to the Daily News called Nuova Antologia. It was written on September 16, 1900, nearly one month after Nietzsche's death, which means eleven years after the supposed incident occurred, making the account rather dubious
>>
>>9052316
nietzsche plagiarized dostoyevsky on the horse thing
>>
>>9052316
Yes, there are time being no productive. Its scientifilly proven
>>
>>9053573
>science
>proof
>>
>>9052742
Even if that were true they also gassed them and worked them to death.
>>
>Let me make it perfectly clear that in no way is suffering necessary to find meaning. I only insist that meaning is possible even in spite of suffering—provided, certainly, that the suffering is unavoidable. If it were avoidable, however, the meaningful thing to do would be to remove its cause, be it psychological, biological, or political. To suffer unnecessarily is masochistic rather than heroic.

I had to dig this out when a friend were starting to romanticize a depression.
>>
>>9054502
That's not Nietzsche though
>>
>>9052746
To live in the world and with your nature, and to appreciate them, is a great display of strenght, and Nietzsche is aware of it.
The world IS harsh and unforgiving, to a point where, to actually live accordingly to it in a active way, you have to tend to the idea of Ubermensch (who is the culmination of the man in the world).

Nietzsche, in that sense, was not apologetic of nature.
>>
>>9054502
>to suffer unnecessarily is masochistic
So?
>rather than heroic
This is ubermenschtard chadtalk. In no way are these mutually exclusive.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.