[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is compatibilism the biggest sham ever? It's basically accepting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: XNiCN2S.gif (2MB, 387x217px) Image search: [Google]
XNiCN2S.gif
2MB, 387x217px
Is compatibilism the biggest sham ever? It's basically accepting that free will doesn't actually exist but then pussying out and pretending it does because you don't like the implications.
>>
what does free will mean
>>
>>9052297
I don't know. It's not a concept that makes sense. That's why I don't believe in it.
>>
>>9052322
>I
>>
>>9052295
The fuck does this weeb-baiting gif have to do with anything
>>
>>9052295
are you retarded?

please explain to me how you can live your life differently with the knowledge that free will doesn't exist. I'll wait.
>>
I'm not sure what you mean

Compatiblism is the belief that the will is coextensive with the mind-body. Your actions are determined by your mind-body, you are your mind-body.
>>
Compatibilism is a noble lie people like Dennett try to sell to the people hoping they won't lose their shit and run amok. Kind of how dishonest conservative thinkers like Peterson still try to justify religion because hoping people won't lose their shit and run amok.

They think normal people can't handle the actual truths about existence and that maintaining order is more important than acknowledging reality. They want to save life at the expense of truth, or at least save a certain way of living at the expense of truth.
>>
>>9052375
It would undermine our entire judiciary system which depends on a Christian notion of an independent individual that can choose how to conduct itself.
>>
>>9052409
Literally how. It's based around reforming individuals who are unfit for society, to be more fit for society.
>>
>>9052423
That's the correctional/penal system anon, criminal courts operate on the basis of culpability. What the other anon is saying is that without free will the idea of individual culpability becomes problematic.
>>
>>9052297
A misinterpretation of the mover-body relation that places the mover's origin within the body.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.