[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you really believe in "literature canon" of some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: parnicki.jpg (331KB, 1227x2038px) Image search: [Google]
parnicki.jpg
331KB, 1227x2038px
Do you really believe in "literature canon" of some books, that every reader SHOULD read? I am constantly conflicted between reading some "classic" doorstoper that everyone is shoving down my throat, and reading less popular, but good literature from my country, that i may feel more related to
>>
>>9051863
the meme trilogy should be the standart
>>
>>9051863
Homer, Metamorphoses and the Bible are cannons
Everything else is up to you
>>
The Confucian Anthology is the Eastern Canon
The Bible is the Semitic Canon
Homer is the Ancient Canon
Dante is the European Canon

Only those four, plus Horace. Everything else is up to you.
>>
>>9051959
>Horace
why
>>
>>9051959
why horace?
>>
>>9051974
>>9051975
He teachs you how to write in a very didatic manner.
>>
Read what you like, nigger. Literature is a personal journey and you have the digital means that present you a literary buffet from which you can pick anything you want. Bible's not important, Iliad's not important, War and Peace's not important.
"Art is fucking useless" - Oscar Wilde
>>
>>9052037
mYHEAAAAAH literature is fuckin radical mate B)

fuck all those old books i mean who cares about that shit? Nobody HAHAHAHAHA
John Green and Rupi Kaur forever
peace
>>
>>9052039
Did I say that, you goddamned mongoloid?
Did I as much as imply that you should NOT read the ancient works if they interest you?
Eat a cock.
>>
File: hank.jpg (64KB, 466x263px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
64KB, 466x263px
>>9052037
Thanks for the tip, Moody.
>>
As a reader, you should read whatever you find interesting. The canon is helpful for identifying references in many of the books you will read. Plus, they are usually gold standards for technical quality.

As a writer, read your own language as least as much as anything else. It is great to be aware of trends and findings in other literatures, but having full control of your language and culture is essential in order to write something good.

Y te lo digo como español, ya que algunos de los autores que más he disfrutado (Aub, Carpentier, Chirbes) nunca serán discutidos en serio por anglosajones, y son para mí infinitamente más relevantes que Wallace o Pynchon.
>>
>>9052042
> thinks "mongoloid" is an insult
someone hasnt read kant~~
>>
>>9052063
>remaining in the poverty of spanish language and spanish literature instead of adopting the superior english
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.