[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /lit/ I decided to write a satire novel and realized that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1485915319406.jpg (137KB, 800x712px) Image search: [Google]
1485915319406.jpg
137KB, 800x712px
Hello /lit/
I decided to write a satire novel and realized that the art of writing is something to be worked on on my part.

So fellow novel writers, how do you write your novels? Do you just type up the whole story regardless if it is crappy and then revise as you read down the story? What is your prefer method of writing the setting and story? Do any of you use an outline?

I'm just curious on the methodology that you guys may take. And any tips or resources would be nice to have. Thank you.
>>
>>9049500
One chapter at a time.
And the revise it over and over again and never be satisfied with your work then give up because you'll never be the next James Joyce
>>
>>9049520
Thank you. And I'm not looking to be the next James Joyce. I just want to write a a coherent novel.
>>
Start smaller than a novel. Write a few novellas and get at least a little bit of your worst writing out of the way while learning the rudiments.
>>
>>9049500

Freewrite until you have a collection of words that doesn't sound stupid, and then build a novel around that. avoid all exposition and declarative sentences until you're 90% finished.
>>
>>9049500
>Agonize over every sentence
>Ask myself if what I'm writing is consistent with the themes I'm trying to get across after every paragraph
>Write about the characters of my project and their histories outside of the novel in order to develop them, get some ideas
>Write dialogues between the characters that are unconnected to the story so that I can better imagine their mannerisms, try and pair the characters I have "down" with the ones I'm not confident in until they're both well-developed
I generally don't have a plot planned out while I'm writing. There may be things I intend to have happen to a character, but I allow the story to carry itself to that point; I don't push it towards the goal unless I'm sick of writing.
>>
File: 1463787788917.jpg (180KB, 786x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463787788917.jpg
180KB, 786x1200px
First i gather ideas, the main argument, some interesting characters and scenes that i wish to write. Then i start with not much in mind and build the universe of the story while writing (or i mean, while thinking about what i wrote in bed or whatever) i make tons of notes and shit. Then i just write and write, when im pass half the story i normally have already everything sorted out. Then once i finish i do gram correction and then i leave the story rest for one or three months depending on its lenght. Then i reread and make new corrections while adding the corrections the few people who read my stuff make. Then its done and i revisit it from time to time to check if i think is shit or not. Im a mediocre writer so i just write and write, few times i pay special attention to every sentence -when i do im not that bad-, instead i try to make the "feel" of the scene be good. The result is a story that mostly i consider fun or interesting but of no quality, but its exactly what i enjoy doing so i dont particulary care. I am the McDonalds of writers i guess, that kind of stuff. Except poor and i dont want to publish.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.