[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup cunts Which should I read first >the portable atheist:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: HITCHENS-obit-popup.jpg (59KB, 469x500px) Image search: [Google]
HITCHENS-obit-popup.jpg
59KB, 469x500px
Sup cunts

Which should I read first

>the portable atheist: essential readings for the nonbeliever

>god is not great: how religion poisons everything

Have you read either of those books and which should one read first?

I've never read a christopher hitchens book before
>>
What's the point?
>>
Hitchens strove all his life to be like George Orwell. And, just like Orwell, his journalistic, historical work is brilliant, and everything else is rubbish.

Just read his articles and columns.
>>
>>9048714
The cracks in Christianity don't really start to appear unless you've started with the presocratics then read your way up to the (untranslated) Septuagint
>>
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>9048714
The Portable Atheist is not a Hitchens book, it's a collection of anti-religious writings that he's compiled. Honestly, if you haven't read Hitchens before start with one of his essay collections, like Arguably.
>>
Holy shit, why don't people read the Bible instead?

Refute its contents yourself if you must, and on top of that you get to read a timeless classic of literature in the process, of the likes the "new" atheists will never manage to write.
>>
>>9048723
>being this afraid of other opinions
Assuming you're a christfag you're as bad as fedora tippers
>>
>>9048769

Explain
>>
how about the bible, then form your own opinions
>>
>>9048784
Constantly shitting on all atheists is as bad as fedora tippers who shit on religious folks. Personally I'm an agnostic atheist I don't think I can know the truth. I don't want to change a religious persons opinion or circle jerk with atheists I happen to share a lack of belief with
>>
>>9048817

Specific sort of Atheist tho.
Not a valid comparison .
Also, why did you assume he was a Christian?
>>
>>9048714
Why do you have to read books to buttress your unbelief in something?
>>
>>9048875
Because generally Christians on this board just respond to any reference to atheism with fedora memes. It is a valid comparison as well it's two specific types of people who are similar I didn't say all Christians
>>
>>9048889
yup, i agree
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.