[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw Arrival and this movie makes me want to read 1) some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: arrival4.png (2MB, 2296x958px) Image search: [Google]
arrival4.png
2MB, 2296x958px
I just saw Arrival and this movie makes me want to read
1) some books that play with the concept of time
2) books that deal with miscommunication like in Lem's Solaris.

Any ideas?
No lowbrow science fiction crap please, I have an IQ of 140.
>>
>>9048546
Well you could read the short story it's based off of, or Slaughterhouse 5 which people say the short story/film ripped off.
>>
Have you tried Solaris by stanislaw lem
>>
>>9048576
Yes.
>>
>>9048546

>140 IQ
>wastes his time watching hollywood garbage
>>
>>9048597
I see. Have you watched this new movie called Arrival?
>>
File: high as fuck.png (288KB, 496x555px) Image search: [Google]
high as fuck.png
288KB, 496x555px
Dude imagine if time was 2 dimensional
>>
>>9048546
Time's Arrow by Martin Amis. Note: I imagine it's way better if you don't know anything about it at all going in.
>>
>>9048614
No, is it any good?
I have an IQ of 150 though, I don't watch the usual Hollywood crap.
>>
>>9048638
That's Mensa tier my man
>>
>>9048546
Probably half of Borges fits into one of those two.
>>
>>9048649
130 is mensa tier. mensa is trash

you should have at least a 151 iq like me to be considered smart
>>
>>9048780

What did you achieve in life so far? No bait, just curious what it is like to be so smart.
>>
File: arrival.jpg (24KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
arrival.jpg
24KB, 500x363px
>>
>>9048786
who cares honestly, i wish i had a 170 iq and be doing something actually boundary pushing
>>
>>9048649
MENSA is a waste of money and time. I remember when I first found out my IQ I asked the psychologist about MENSA, because I was under the impression that it was actually some super special and exclusive group that would give me untold benefits, but he explained that it was pretty much just a fee paid to show everyone how smart you are.
>>
If you're looking for a book that deals with the concept of time try reading Against the Day by Thomas Pynchon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.