[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how many books do you own, /lit/? I was just going through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: azzis.jpg (245KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
azzis.jpg
245KB, 900x578px
So, how many books do you own, /lit/?

I was just going through my bookshelf and i started thinking that i actually have a quite decent collection - i mean i have a variety of books of different authors, with probably at least one from the most notable ones (~the greeks~, shakespeare, dante, dickens, tolstoy/dostoevsky, etc)

i'm too lazy to count them all but i think i must have at least 700, it's probably around 700-800

i'm not trying to brag (lol), in fact the point of asking this question was because it occured to me that my book collection would be considered good in comparison to the average pleb collection that probably has no more than 50, most of them being school ones

but i also think there must be some people out there that do seriously collect books and have a much bigger collection than me, in comparison to which i probably would look like a pleb and a shameful casual

so, how many do you own?

also, (if you write) what do you do to keep going when writer's block occurs to you. or just in general

right now i'm happy because i've started writing regularly again, but also a bit worried because i've been also started using uppers(stimulants) again and i don't want to acknowledge the fact they might be crucial for my writing/sorta depend of them.
>>
>>9047547
i've also started using* dah
>>
>>9047547
Only have 2 book at any one time usually. I give all my books away or throw them away whenever I am done reading them.

I dont have an inferior complex that I need to compensate for with a collection of books.
If I see anyone with a large book collections it makes me suspicious that person is a pretentious are that I need to avoid.

You might want to go to rehab soon, not for the drugs; for the book collection addiction.

>>9045749
>>
>>9047703
>on the edge of edginess
>>
>>9047547
For regular books/my main library, I have 1,176.

Graphic Novels is 82 (doesn't include comic book issues, though I should probably start cataloging those), and the Children's Library has 129, plus some older ones I got from my grandparents that I haven't sorted through yet.
>>
>>9047547
I don't "own" books. I merely possess the book(s) I'm reading today.

Upon reading a book, I decide if it should continue to exist, or if it's entirely worthless. If the former, I donate it to someone else who could appreciate it; if I discerned no value, I throw the book in the trash.
>>
>>9047547
>>9047838
What do you guys do when you have to move apartments?
>>
Physical books? None,I had a large collection but I realized there is no point to it, it's just a hassle with no advantages over ebooks so I just sold them.
Content matters.
>>
>>9049024
I own a house now, so it's not really a worry for the next ~10 or so years, at least.

But I mean, books are on the easier side of things to move, even with a lot of them. On my last move to the house, I borrowed some boxes from my local bookstore that were specifically for moving books, packed them into the Uhaul with everything else. Since they're so uniform, they're really easy to stack.

They're way easier to move than shit like computer servers, dishes, and vinyl.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.