[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>agree with the teachings of Christ >do not agree with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>agree with the teachings of Christ
>do not agree with the dogma surrounding who gets to be saved and who doesn't

Who else /wantstobeChristianbutcant/?
>>
>>9046557
>dogma
>posts a picture of ben affleck
I gotcha
>>
>>9046559
>tfw you meme by accident

wow nice
>>
I'M SORRY.

I AM AT A LOSS ABOUT THE OPENING POST OF THIS THREAD'S RELEVANCE TO THE DISCUSSION OF LITERATURE.

ENLIGHTEN ME, ORIGINAL POSTER, WITHOUT RESORTING TO

>The Bible
>>
So you want to be a Christian without the duties connected to it.

Poor you.
>>
>>9046557
???
So don't be an asshole. That's the foundation to every religion, really.
>>
>>9046616
>implying Christians have duties

Someone misread Paul :^)
>>
>>9046557
There is good wisdom in the New Testament itself, things which are familiar with people who don't even read the bible, and ideas that would make the world a better place if everybody took them on board. Basically all of the sermon on the mount (beatitudes): man cannot have two masters, don't judge others or you will be judged the same way, don't worry about tomorrow (it will worry about itself), love your enemies, be charitable but not proud. It's a wonderful piece of moral writing adorned with universal metaphors that gives us something to aspire towards.
>>
>>9046652
>*(and beatitudes)
>>
File: 1484068014929.jpg (234KB, 1800x760px) Image search: [Google]
1484068014929.jpg
234KB, 1800x760px
Why? Obviously nobody could be heathen in hell.
>>
>>9046557
Stop baiting. It's completely fine to accept Christianity to whatever extent you want.Don't agree with something, ignore it. Don't want to take something literally, don't.
>>
>>9046769
>Stop baiting
>proceeds to bait like a master baiter
>>
>>9046557
>do not agree with the dogma surrounding who gets to be saved and who doesn't
Christ dying for all your sins and the existence of purgatory can be interpreted as "Even if you fuck up, all you do is suffer a bit in hell, go eventually to purgatory and then heaven, so everyone IS redeemable".
>>
>>9046769
wtf I'm jehovas witness now
>>
>>9046557

Dogma is just manmade rules. God can be anything you need him to be and if Jesus' story has taught me anything... it is disregard Pharisees, acquire pure faith.

people can say it's fucking retarded but I don't care. My faith helped me overcome my fear of death while they still are afraid. That alone makes it worth it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.