[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Congratulations, /lit/, you have been found favorable by a wayward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Thomas-Aquinas.jpg (186KB, 505x701px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas-Aquinas.jpg
186KB, 505x701px
Congratulations, /lit/, you have been found favorable by a wayward spirit, and he deigns to grant you a boon.

You will receive complete and perfect knowledge of any philosopher of your choosing. You will instantly have read all their works, along with all schools of thought related to their works. You yourself will have the definitive interpretation of their work, as surely as if you were them, themselves.

However, the spirit asks for a favor in return. It asks you to take the knowledge it will grant you and write a work of fiction that heavily applies it. Just as The Divine Comedy draws extensively from Thomism, so the work you write must draw from the philosopher you choose.

Which philosopher do you choose, and what do you write?
>>
>>9046161
Jacques maritain.
>>
J.K. Rowling
>>
Heidegger
>>
File: crisis.jpg (15KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
crisis.jpg
15KB, 333x499px
>>9046161
Guenon
>>
File: 225px-Jmaistre.jpg (9KB, 225x296px) Image search: [Google]
225px-Jmaistre.jpg
9KB, 225x296px
>be me
>choose pic related
>write 19C version of warhammer 40k
>based patrician alt-history europa
>steam-marines in armor
>charming and decadent nobles scheming with each other
>extended passages on french cuisine, academie française science and references from encyclopédie
>avoid WWI, go into space and underwater with jules verne-inspired spacecraft and submarines
>battle lovecraftian horrors, anarchist sects, ubermensch pretenders across worlds
>>
>>9046276
I was actually tempted to choose Maistre, but settled on Guenon because of his knowledge *of* Maistre as well.
>>
>>9046278
Guenon's an excellent choice too. My story would be pulpy, yours would probably be profound and mind-expanding. We'd have to do a manuscript exchange or something.
>>
>>9046161
Buddha
>>
>Jesus
>write The Bible 2: This Time It's Personal
>attract cult of followers
>be a crazy sex crazed eccentric cult leader
>also have an encyclopedic knowledge and understanding of all of the western canon and western civilization as a whole because it all springs from the Bible
All other plans are wrong
>>
>>9046321
keked at title although im sure you took it from somewhere
>>
Wallace Stevens
He's not exactly a philosopher but he is the most difficult poet i've ever read.
>>
>>9046161

Hegel

Fetishist erotica about me humiliating Zizek about his mediocre understanding of Hegel.
>>
>>9046161

good old Heidegger
not that I'm mad about him, but I could annoy the fuck out of all these people who hate him
- the book would obviously be the story of a guy who becomes a nazi, just because there's no moral principle that opposes it
>>
>>9047971
Only correct answer, famalam
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.