[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello what are some books with characters that survive on their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 344935.jpg (33KB, 316x475px) Image search: [Google]
344935.jpg
33KB, 316x475px
Hello what are some books with characters that survive on their wits and instincts, regarding memory-based themes like amnesia, schizophrenia, etc?
>>
Latro in the Mist - Gene Wolfe
>>
>>9044831
(I'm OP)

I looked for someone named Latro in the Mist, and their book titled Gene Wolfe, but nothing came up.
>>
File: 1484676910874.jpg (318KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484676910874.jpg
318KB, 800x600px
>>9044832
>>
>>9044821
It's funny you should ask that because those precisely happen to be characteristics of the book in your picture, so you should start with that book
>>
The Prague Cemetery.
>>
Latro in the Mist by Gene Wolfe
>>
>>9045055
Good rec. First time I've seen this mentioned on this board. That book is exactly what OP is looking for
>>
Soldier of the Mist and Soldier of Sidon by Gene Wolfe
>>
>>9044972
>>9045055
>>9045057
>>9045070
Huh? I don't remember putting that image there. Weird.

>>9044993
Okay that's another good one.
>>
Is Gene Wolfe /ourguy/?
>>
>>9046420
try not to meme authors
>>
>>9046491
You must be new here.
>>
>>9044821
The Book of the New Sun. The protagonist has an eidetic memory. But I'm guessing you've already read it, since it's the most famous thing Wolfe wrote.
>>
>>9047934
no
>>
>>9044821
Chasm City, if you don't hate sci-fi noir.
>>
>>9048563
Oh, I read pretty much everything, and that subgenre enabled Altered Carbon, so I'm amenable to that. PKD's Flow My Tears is a variation of the theme, and I'd have accepted that as a response.

As close as science fiction is to my essential being, I'm currently more enthused by realist fiction, as instantiations of which offer more practical experience, in case I awaken in a random hotel without memory of the near past.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.