[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you make of Nietzsche's vision in Zarathustra of:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What do you make of Nietzsche's vision in Zarathustra of:

the black serpent which crawled into the man's mouth, whose head was bitten off, followed by the non-human laughter of the man?

my questions:
>who was the man? what is the serpent? is it the serpent representing wisdom? is it the eternal recurrence (ouroboros)?

can someone help me interpret this?

i feel like there's something really important here.
>>
>>9042569
>i feel like there's something really important here.

nah, he's just insane
that's like those thread where anons made up "deep aphorisms".
it should probably be an analogy of a female (headless black snake/ dumb mean deceitful) twisting it's way into the male mind and making him go insane (inhuman laughter)
>>
>>9042573

I'm not sure I agree with you.

I think the snake could represent religion and religious values, and the biting is some sort of acknowledgement of the fact that we must live without these values, although it takes courage to "bite" off the head.

Only once the man has BITTEN OFF THE HEAD is he able to exist INHUMANELY: inhumane meaning he is able to become the overman, who we know is not entirely human.

I think I understand now.
>>
>>9042573
Well, well, well, if it isn't Reddit.
>>
>>9042590
>>9042605
you guys suck. it was funny
>>
>>9042616

It wasn't, you were really trying but you definitely haven't even read the passage let alone the work if that's your version of an interpretation, and now this is your cop out

Fuck off man I'm really trying to understand this message
>>
>>9042620
i'be read it. but i might have been 14 at that time. i have no idea what i'm talking about, i just wanted to spew shitpost about nietzsche hating females
>>
>>9042624

so you read it this year
>>
>>9042569
I always took the snake to be the spirit of gravity, yet another manifestation of the nihilistic force that the shoulder-dwarf represented in the same chapter. >>9042590
This poster seems correct too. I took the point of the parable as that one can never truly save others from their own choking values and self-doubt; they have to bite down and do it themselves.
>>
>>9042643
nice roast. i appreciate it
>>
>>9042569
doesnt one of his 'disciples' explain this later on?
>>
>>9042649

that was me, OP

so you take the snake to be the spirit of gravity which is choking the man with fear basically? not fear but the feeling of senselessness and nihilism that comes with the spirit of gravity?

>>9042657

truthfully i'm not sure, but i can't recall it being mentioned again anywhere in the text. this really interests me so i think i would have recalled that.
>>
File: 1478230675488.jpg (151KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478230675488.jpg
151KB, 960x720px
>>9042569
It's pretty obvious OP. Within chaos(e.g the serpent) there is the possibility of change into order again.

The man's head is bitten off, to symbolize the end of the human, and the birth of the Superman(non-human laughter).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.