[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“What I wanted was to die among strangers, untroubled,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: mishima2.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mishima2.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>“What I wanted was to die among strangers, untroubled, beneath a cloudless sky. And yet my desire differed from the sentiments of that ancient Greek who wanted to die under the brilliant sun. What I wanted was some natural, spontaneous suicide. I wanted a death like that of a fox, not yet well versed in cunning, that walks carelessly along a mountain path and is shot by a hunter because of its own stupidity…”

what did he mean by this?
>>
It means he wanted someone to poz his ass.
>>
>>9039261
He valued failure above triumph, and pursued it continually. Frequently, that was his means to triumph. So he wanted to die from failure; to kill himself by an attempt at life.
>>
>>9039261
>What I wanted was some natural, spontaneous suicide

So why did he carefully plan it out?
>>
OP, take it as is. Mishima wasn't autistic enough to use death as a metaphor for something else.
>>
>>9039312
It's precisely autists who are less likely to use/understand metaphors. "Autistic" should not be used as a synonym for "stupid".

Jesus, the misuse of fashionable 4chan buzzwords drives me crazy.
>>
>>9039261
I'm pretty sure that it's a aesthetic preference, considering that ge tried to live his life as a work of art.
the image that he is describing is closer to his personal sensibilities, way more than a idealized glorious death under the brilliant Sun.
His view of death has to be a natural one, in the more naturalistic sense: he didnt strive to die a human, glorified death, instead he prefered a death that evoked nature in a nimalistic death, exactly like a fox that dies in a inhuman, abstract, cruel in its order, forest.
>>
>>9039348
This.
>>
>>9039263
Underrated post.
>>
>>9039343
/lit/ is full of idiots pretending to be clever.

Did you expect better?
>>
>>9044542
Life is full of idiots pretending to be clever.
Woah
>>
>>9044550
blew my fucking mind.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.