[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is she as good as Joyce? Or is she a meme? Personally I like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: lispector.jpg (383KB, 1916x2912px) Image search: [Google]
lispector.jpg
383KB, 1916x2912px
Is she as good as Joyce?
Or is she a meme?
Personally I like her books because the gibberish % is less than Joyce
>>
>>9039145
it's hard to go below 0% senpai.
>>
>>9039145
She's not as good as Joyce. But she's very, very good and I don't think I've ever seen her memed.
>>
Brazillian here.
Read Machado and Guimarães first.
>>
>>9039313
I mean in IRL more than on lit
She SHOULD be a meme here
>>
>>9039317
>Brazillian here.

opinions discarded
>>
>>9039321
Lmao
>>
File: grandes_sertoes_capa.jpg (79KB, 342x545px) Image search: [Google]
grandes_sertoes_capa.jpg
79KB, 342x545px
>>9039321
>Say on the internet you're from the same country as the author and that she isn't really worth reading before two other better authors from the same country
>Get opinion discarded.
K.
Senpai I honestly tried to pick up Hora da Estrela but the dedicatory dragged on for more than five pages and I got pissed off.
>>
>>9039317
I had food poisoning from an outdoor restaurant in Bahia once.
>>
>>9039317
What are the essentials from those 2?
>>
>>9039145
wasn't that impressed...I found Hour of the Star forgettable and stopped there. Too many other writers vying for my attention at the moment.
>>
>>9039511
not him but brazilian too

Machado de Assis: Posthumous memoirs of Brás Cubas and Dom Casmurro, if you enjoy it, read Quincas Borba aswell.

Guimarães Rosa: The Devil to Pay in the Backlands (Grande Sertão: Veredas).
>>
>>9041504
Are there English versions?
>>
>>9039313
Yeah I loved Hour of the Star. Look into her history of doing interviews, she was pretty cool. Don't know why she isn't mentioned more on here or in real life. Whenever I bring her up I get blank stares and long blinks
>>
>>9041735
no, you have to learn brazillian
>>
>>9041735
>Posthumous memoirs of Bras Cubas
>The Devil to Pay in the Backlands
Those are English versions, although I've read people say that Rosa's work was reduced to a western in the translation.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.