[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anons with concentration issues, what's a good book that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: blurred_text-300x225.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
blurred_text-300x225.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
anons with concentration issues, what's a good book that's captivating and not too difficult? my mind wanders whenever I try to read anything, I can concentrate for like 10 pages a day and then everything becomes shrouded, I keep reading the same lines for several minutes trying to figure out what it means. I used to read some very entry-level fantasybooks when I was a child but I can't read anymore. help?
>>
How about instead of asking such stupid fucking questions you get yourself some discipline?
>>
>>9034508
Read better books.
>>
>>9034535
How does one gets some discipline?
>>
Ubik is short and not difficult. Each chapter is around 15 pages, so you should be fine with one chapter a day.
>>
>>9034508
A big part of why I love reading is because my mind wanders. I'll stop reading and follow a train of though for quite some time.

If a book doesn't force you to stop and analyse something, then you're probably reading trash genre fiction.
>>
>>9034545
>tfw Dosto, Gaddis, and Mann is genre fiction
>>
File: BAS_1.png (129KB, 597x577px) Image search: [Google]
BAS_1.png
129KB, 597x577px
>>9034508
racing/foggy thoughts, anon? you're either mentally ill or you have a shit diet.
change your diet. stop consuming sugar and grain. after a few weeks, that brain fog will lift. do it. do it. level of focus, super high. do it.
>>
>>9034538
Keep going until you pass the suffering stage.
>>
>>9036047
Got any recommendations for meals or any online places with recipes and guides?
>>
>>9034508
Asimov has some good simple scifi for teenagers that is interesting.
>>
>>9034545
I feel like every single idiot on /lit/ should read this post
>>
>>9034549
>tfw tried to read magic mountain and dropped it
It felt so pseud-ish
>>
>>9036416
https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Nutrition-Your-Genes-Traditional-ebook/dp/B01G1J7WEU/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
>>
Have you tried going to a camp for concentration OP?
>>
>>9034508
wares and pace
>>
>>9036047

proofs that sugar and grain contribute to concentration problems?
>>
>>9036047
Which mental illnesses would be most likely?
>>
>>9034508
It's got nothing to do with concentration issues and everything to do with you not liking to read. So you must find something you like to read. No, I cannot help you with that -- I do not know you well enough. Perhaps Borges, or Dune?

I say this as someone with literal ADHD.
>>
>>9038940
Oh, or >>9036047 obviously. Tiredness too btw.
>>
>>9034508
Try Invisible Cities.
>>
File: Doyouhaveanevennumberofhairs.jpg (103KB, 956x709px) Image search: [Google]
Doyouhaveanevennumberofhairs.jpg
103KB, 956x709px
>>9034508
Honestly OP, I just keep at it. I've noticed that if I read a lot over a span of a week, it becomes easier and easier, though I've also found that it's predicated on what I am actually reading.

Fiction tends to make my mind wander less than non-fiction, which should be obvious in that fiction usually distills interesting moments down, whereas non-fiction usually contains a lot of boring ass facts like having an even or odd number of hairs on your body.
>>
>>9039147
Lol what is up with that image?
>>
>>9038734
Underrated post.
>>
>>9034508
Kafka is super easy to read and his stories are very short.
>>
>>9034508
bump
>>
>>9034538
TRY AGAIN.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.