[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you read philosophy/psychoanalyz books to try to find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: You're a fucking white wale.jpg (493KB, 1296x684px) Image search: [Google]
You're a fucking white wale.jpg
493KB, 1296x684px
Do any of you read philosophy/psychoanalyz books to try to find a way to escape your own pathetic life?
It's hard to admit, but I do. I try to read book after book about philosophy or psychoanalyzes with the hopes that I will somehow understand enough to fix my pathetic state of being. Yet after having read a lot of books, I'm in the same state of mind, or I might even say in a worse one.
>>
>>9026137
>Do any of you read philosophy/psychoanalyz books to try to find a way to escape your own pathetic life
>Escape

What have you exactly read Anon?
>>
>>9026137
This character you're portraying sucks.
>>
>>9026168
With "escape" I didn't mean escapism but rather finally lead a happy, or rather not so shitty, life.
I have read a lot of the Greeks, but after realizing that reading philosophy hasn't actually offered me anything positive in my life (what I was seeking) I took a break from philosophy and got heavily invested into psychoanalysis. I have read interpretation of dreams, ego and the Id, introduction to psychoanalyzis, on murder and melancholia, I read some Jung and some books by some unknown authors only to realize that the more books I read the more I realize that nothing helps.
>>9026199
I am a worthless neet, I tried working for years but it didn't help so I just went back to being a neet on welfare.
>>
>>9026212
Have you tried the Stoics.

Perhaps look into Christianity senpai
>>
>>9026244
That's actually a great idea, never cared much about religion; I'm not an atheist or theist. Maybe I should try picking up a bible and try to force myself to church.
>>
>>9026137
>I try to read book after book about philosophy or psychoanalyzes with the hopes that I will somehow understand enough to fix my pathetic state of being

What's pathetic about your life?
Why do you feel that you need to change?
>>
If you've read about psychoanalysis then you know you can't do it solo. Transference needs another human. You can't live your life in a fucking bottle yo.
>>
>>9026137
https://markmanson.net/best-articles
>>
>>9026340
this

and you can't live off welfare forever. so get a job. get some good friends/maybe a relationship. this is a major premise in one of peterson's personality lectures: if you lack enough of them you are pretty much bound for depression.

if you feel like you're in the gutter and disgusted with yourself have a listen. no need to subscribe to everything he says but give it a chance.

lit is divided over his anti-sjw antics and sudden rise to the public sphere but it's hard to deny that his lectures provoke thought.

church/reading the bible will help to a degree but don't project it onto something external that is the answer to everything. only you can save yourself. best wishes
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.