[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you like it? Would you recommend to someone to grind through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Bookset.jpg (152KB, 824x901px) Image search: [Google]
Bookset.jpg
152KB, 824x901px
How do you like it? Would you recommend to someone to grind through those gorillion amount of pages or is the meme true that it falls flat after book three?
>>
>>9020974
It's a super comfy read tbqh. memes can sometimes be comfy.
>>
>>9020974
It gets better after book three, but Joe Public hates having to think. The small increase in literary merit has been deemed boring by the troglodytes who make up the bulk of Martin's audience.
>>
First Book was a chore and felt like I had to slog through the filler upon filler to get to any good part.

Second Book picked up nicely and kept my attention throughout rather well.

Third Book is amazing even without the context of the other two before it.

Fourth Book was good mind you but how it was structured felt rather off and was lacking a lot of what I enjoyed about it predecessors.

Book Five to be frank wasn't very good. It didn't move the story along that well and some of the events of the book just felt pointless.

Its a great series don't get me wrong but the amount of filler chapters combined with the literal snail's pace it can be difficult to get through. Not to mention the author likes to take his sweet time. Well be lucky if we get Book Six in 2018.
>>
If I could go back in time I wouldn't have read them.
>>
I read until half of the second book. I was amazed on how i did not care for none of the characters, didn't liked or hated no one. With that i stopped worrying about how the story would unfold, so i stopped reading...
>>
>>9020996
>literary merit

This is a total meme perpetuated by idiots who want to think that Martin has any idea what he is doing with the series.

Show me anything that has "literary merit" in AFFC or ADWD. At least the first three books were fun pageturners, after those he got way full of his own success and thinks he's writing the greatest fantasy series of all time, one that will be read hundreds of years from now. He slowed to a crawl trying to write a "literary" ending to a corny fantasy story.

I don't think ASOIAF is not worth reading though. The first three books are quite fun, especially if you go into them without knowing what's going to happen. The last two are meandering "worldbuilding" with much less likable characters than the first ones. I'll still read the sixth if he ever publishes it, but mostly because I like to talk about books with people and normies will read TWOW.
>>
File: Fuck Off faggot.png (2MB, 991x1287px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Off faggot.png
2MB, 991x1287px
>>9020974
>>
>>9021069
>we can't discuss popular fiction in my safe space
>>
>>9021033

this desu
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.