[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writers: a) are a product of their culture b) shape their culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Writers:
a) are a product of their culture
b) shape their culture

choose one and explain
>>
What a stupid dichotomy.
>>
>>9018489
explain that too
>>
c. are kinda both a product of an shape culture
>>
>>9018487
Part of their work is a product of their culture, and through their own creativity, they play a small part in shaping (or modifying) their culture. Not just novelists, but screenwriters/inventors/philosophers.
>>
>>9018493
Your body:
a: is a product of your meals
b: cooks your meals
choose one
>>
they're mutually constitutive you dingus

literally everyone does this, not just people involved in the process of making art
>>
OP here, I asked you guys one thing, to choose ONE and explain why. I know it's both. I know that.
>>
>>9018839
why would we do that, what significance does the choice have when we already know it's meaningless

why should we engage with this stupid game of yours and why were you pretending to be retarded
>>
>>9018487
I'm gonna say both. They are a product of their culture insofar as pretty much anyone is. However, at the same time, they contribute to culture through their writings and, as part of a movement, can help steer culture in different directions. Strange question OP.
>>
>>9018487
Both
>>
>>9018487
Writers are a product of their culture which shapes their culture.

Writers grow up in X culture and are therefore products of that culture. However, by producing works based on observations gleaned during their path through X culture, they shape the future of X culture through the zeitgeist.

The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>9018487
Yes
>>
>>9020007
No
>>
>>9020045
Maybe
>>
>>9018487
They are obviously a product of their culture - although it isn't that simple either.

A writer's work doesn't proceed their formation as a writer, so the writer must necessarily be formed within some context before producing a work.

Once produced, the work(s) may begin to shape culture, and, though the writer may continue to develop beyond this point, he obviously isn't a product of his own work.

He is a product of a collection of genes, upbringing, circumstances, choices, thought patterns, and various forces which, when combined appropriately, allow him to produce his works.

To suggest that someone can shape their culture without being a product of it would imply that they were never actually a part of that culture in the first place.

Ergo, they aren't shaping 'their' culture. They would be shaping a foreign culture with their appropriated native one.

"Men are ignorant of how a thing turning away from itself agrees with itself in a back-turning harmony." ~ Heraclitus
>>
>>9018487
Writers are produced by their culture and shape culture to come in the future. Kind of like generations of children having different ideals and beliefs, generations of writers will write differently and about different things, causing a shift in future literary culture.
>>
Not going to do your homework for you, idiot.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.